Chapter 3

My eyes faded open. The first thing I heard was a loud beeping noise. W-where am I? The top of the room was white. In fact, the whole pace didn't have much color at all. After closer examination I realized that I was in the hospital. I began to sweat and more worried each second that I was in this bed. Strange tubes are wires were everywhere. I was alone in this tiny room. I had no clue what had happened before this. Maybe, I was in a coma. That one thought made me panic.

The white door located to the right of my opened silently. A tall thin man, about in his thirty's stood by my bed. He was covered in stereotypical doctor gear. "You have awoken." The mans lower pitched voice said.

I gave him a nod showing him that I could move. I tried to move every part of me, but in my lower part of my body, everything felt numb. "Why am I here?" I nervously asked him. The man wrote something down in his notes and looked back at me.

"I am doctor Peter Haney. You can call me Peter or Mr. Haney. The reason you are here is because you were involved in an accident. This could have been more fatal, but you were very lucky. The most damage that you had was a broken bone in your leg. As you may see, it is bandaged."

I looked at my leg to see it in a big cast. I became worried. How am I supposed to go to work? How to I get around the city? I could feel my eyes weld up with tears. Peter noticed what was going through my brain. "Trust me," he came closer to me, "everything is going to be okay. You should be happy that the crash wasn't as fatal."

It's not like I was going to be ecstatic over the situation presented before me. I was glad that I'm not dead, but I'm also worried about my poor right leg. "You don't know what it is like. Sitting in this scary room. Having someone tell you that you could have died. The fear that rushes through your body when you see a cast on your leg, wondering if your life will ever be the same."

"I do know what it is like, actually." Peter began his childhood story, "When I was thirteen years old my dad took me out of town. It was like our own little adventure. Little did I know, my mom kicked him out of the house and he just decided to take me with him." I could see emotions running through him. "My dad made a stop somewhere. He told me to wait in the car. I later figured out that he was in a bar. I became confused on many things,but I thought that he knew the best for me so I let him do whatever he wanted to. After a hour and a half he came back to the car. He was horribly drunk. I stared at him in shock as he turned the car keys, unable to move. The next thing I know, I awaken in the hospital." He dragged on his story. Was it normal for a doctor to get that involved with a patient?

Peter made me do a few more monotonous things before he asked me more questions. "Umm, Ms. (L/N) I saw that you don't have any emergency contacts. Is there a person that you would like me to inform?" I took a moment to think about it. Should I bother Ashley? Her boss might get mad at her if she is found on her phone. I really had no one else to turn to.

Then it came to me, "Yeah, can you contact Mark Fischbach?" I gave Peter his number and Mark was contacted. Later Peter left me in peace. The only thing that I had left was my thoughts. Things were racing everywhere making me more nervous about my job more than my leg itself.

After being alone for a while another knock came to the door. Finally some noise instead of dead silence. "Come in." I told the random stranger behind the white door. From the other side I saw Mark appear. My face was filled with joy as soon as he came towards me. "M-mark? You actually came! I am so glad that you are here." I greeted him, happily.

"I was so worried about you." Mark came towards the uncomfortable bed that I was planted on. He grabbed my hand and he held it in his. "I am so glad that you are okay." He reassured me. I gave him a smile to show that I was still happy. Mark scanned my whole body. "Look at you. It hurts me to see you in this pain. How are you supposed to get to work?" He said sympathetically.

"My mind thought the same thing!" I said coincidentally. We talked for about twenty minutes discussing things. He made my day a lot better. Eventually I had to conclude on him. "I-i could get fired. What do I do?" My job was my only worry at the moment. "How do I pay my medical bills? I'm not rich." And that was the whole truth.

Mark looked like he had a light bulb come out of his head. "(Y/N), I have the perfect plan." I waited patiently for his idea, "You could come live with me."

Friends can make a difference.