Part 3 - Emma's POV

Soon after they had collapsed on the bed, Julian moved to hover over her and kiss her jaw, then her neck. She sighed. She had missed this; she missed him. "Emma," he sighed her name against her throat causing her to arch her hips against his. He lifted his head and looked into her eyes. Gently he brushed her hair out of her face, "Emma, wake up." He said before she was thrown back into reality.

Emma awoke with a start to find Mark standing over her, shaking her shoulder. "Come on Emma, wake up. It's noon. We have to go." He gave her a small smile before he left her room to give her privacy.
Without a word, she got up from her bed and threw on an floral print dress with a light cardigan. The whole time she could not help but think of her dream with Julian. There was a time when they could have been together in such a way, but not anymore. Not since she broke his heart. She often thought what could have happened had she not talked to Jem about the Parabatai curse. They would have continued in the same, hazardous path until one of them had gone insane. It was a good thing she had not told Julian, she told herself. If she had told Julian he would have tried to find a way, any way, around it. He would not stop until he found a way, which meant he would be looking forever. Never losing hope that there was a way for them to be together, but Emma knew better. She knew that there wasn't a way around it; she knew that no matter how hard Julian tried, he would never find a way. It was better this way, that's what she told herself but whether she believed it or not was a mystery to anyone — even herself. Pushing her thoughts aside, she slipped her sandals on and headed out of her room to meet Mark in the hall.