Part 4 - Julian's POV

((Sorry for not having updated since March. I've been super busy. I had Senior Boards, I graduated, I went to Kansas over the summer, and now I am ending my first term in college! I hope you guys enjoy this next part because I honestly have no idea where this is going. I have more than this written also, so yeah.))

Julian watched as a training dummy's head fell to the ground. His younger sister, Livvy, was releasing her built up anger upon the poor, innocent dummy. Across the training room, his brother, Tiberius, and his friend Kit discussing something interesting they had found on the internet. Ty and Kit had become best friends in the last few months. It was nice to see Ty hanging around with someone else his own age.
Dru was retrieving the dummy's detached head from the ground when Emma walked in. The smile on her face could have lit up a city. She had been smiling so much lately. It as if she were trying to make up for the fact that her eyes were empty and held no light or happiness whatsoever. Her honey blonde hair lay in a braid down her back. Julian ran his eyes up and down her body as she walked over to Livvy. The tight, black training clothes she usually wore were replaced by sweats and a tank top.
"Hey you," Emma said, bumping her hip with Livvy's.
"Hi," his sister said, still fuming with anger.
"Livvy is upset," Dru pointed out, setting the dummy's head on a table near by.
"I am not upset!" Livvy pushed the stray hairs out of her face.
"You actions would say otherwise."
Julian stayed where he was. The girls moved but we're still within hearing range as they went to sit in the corner far from Ty and Kit.
"It's just I am sick and tired of having to compete for Ty's attention with Kit. He's always with Kit now. Everything he talks about is Kit, Kit, Kit. Does he not get that no one cares? I know that he likes having a friend, but I am his twin! I should be his parabatai, but no, I'm not. He's probably going to ask Kit to be his parabatai," Libby said as she rolled her eyes and glared at the two boys sitting on the floor across the room.
"He's not going to ask Kit to be his parabatai," Julian found himself saying as he walked over to them.
All three girls looked up at him. He noticed that Emma did not quite meet his gaze. "Are you eavesdropping on us, Julian?" Drusilla inquired.
He shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. The point is that he won't ask Kit to be his parabatai because he wants to go to The Scholomance, Livvy. He can't have parabatai in order to go there. It's his dream, and it is why he kept saying no to you when you asked him. Besides, having a parabatai is not all it's cracked up to be, Livia." He did not stay long enough for any of them to respond.
Julian made his way out of the training room, and he didn't make it very far when he heard footsteps following him.
"Julian. Julian, wait," his parabatai called from behind him.
Instead of waiting, he quickly turned a corner, then another, and another until he thought he had lost her. He turned to see if she was behind him. When he saw that she wasn't, he went to continue walking and ran into something. No, someone.
"Nice try, but you should know better than to walk away from me," Emma said quietly.
"I've learned from my mistakes. Whenever you offer or tell me to walk away, I should listen and go," he spat.
Emma's eyebrows furrowed, probably remembering the night the Fae had come from Mark and she told him to walk away. "Julian–"
He cut her off by stepping around her and started to walk to his room. He could not handle this–her– right now; could not stand to look at her knowing that she was with his brother. She had just ended what they had between them without even caring about how he would feel. He still had not had a chance to sit down and process what had happened in the last 4 months. His emotions were still raw; his heart still freshly broken.
"Please, Julian. Please talk to me."
It must have been the way her voice cracked when she said his name or the desperate way she said please that made him stop. A very long silence lingered between them.
"We can't talk in the middle of the hall," he said quietly, not looking at her. "Follow me."
Julian did not wait to see if she had listened to him as he, once again, started to walk to his room.