Prologue

When her Dad died in a car accident when she was just 5 years old, she thought she will never be happy again. For a young girl like her, the pain brought by the tragedy was too much for her - not to mention the burden of seeing her Mom miserable even years after the accident.

But the sadness that enveloped their house in New Manila disappeared when her Mom introduced two men to her 3 years after her Dad left them. Prior to this, a week after her Mom's birthday, a noticeable change in her aura and demeanor began. She became happy again, she started seeing her smile genuinely, even spends time on their garden either writing on her journal or painting some beautiful pictures, something she hasn't seen on her since her father passed away.

So on her 8th birthday, when they were out celebrating, the two new men came and joined them in their dinner. Her Mom said the older guy's name was Jose while the younger one was Jerald. She saw the way the eyes of her mom twinkled when she said Jose's name, she saw how concentrated and focused she is to him when he talks, how her smile reaches her eyes, how animated she is, she saw the things that she only saw in her when her Dad was still alive.

5 months after, Maine was in a white gown, throwing petals into the red carpet as she walks towards the front with a white sash hanging across her body with the name "Little Bride" written on it.

That day, she gained back her mom and got a new father and brother who filled the void in her heart.