Chapter 13: Supply Run

Alicia woke up and looked around her. It was the middle of the night, and she was alone in the bed. What did she expect? The previous evening, after the dinner, Elyza really wanted to have a conversation with her. But Alicia refused, and they had a fight. It finished with them lying on the bed, their backs to the other. But after some minutes, Elyza has stood up and left the room, and she never came back. Slowly, Alicia stood up and left the bedroom carefully, hoping she won't make any noise. She slowly walked downstairs, and stopped in the middle of the staircase, looking in the living room. Nick was sleeping on a sofa, Elyza on an other one. A bit disappointed, Alicia continued to walk downstairs, then walked in the living room to look at Elyza. At this moment the blonde opened her eyes, and frowned when she saw Alicia.
"What are you doing here ?" She asked in a whisper.
"I can't sleep" Alicia responded.
Elyza nodded, still lied on the sofa.
"Drink hot milk, it will help" she said, and turned on the couch so she had her back on Alicia.
"Elyza please..." Alicia started, and Elyza quickly turned around, sitting up on the sofa.
"Please if you want to fight again" Nick said, his eyes closed "just do it outside. I'm trying to sleep"
Alicia nodded and walked outside, Elyza following her.
"What do you want?" Elyza asked a bit upset.
"Why do you act like this ?" Alicia asked crossing her arms on her chest.
Elyza raised an eyebrow.
"Why am I acting like this ? I should be the one asking you this question."
"I told you I didn't want to talk about that. Can't you understand that?"
"Of course I understand that!" Elyza said in a loud voice. "And I'm making an effort. But you're pushing me away. And that hurts me. Can you understand that?"
"Right. Because you're the one who's confused. You, the girl who had I don't know how many girlfriends before."
"Of course I understand!"
"No you don't" Alicia cut her off.
They glared at each other, and Elyza finally spoke.
"I don't know why I'm trying" she said in a calmer tone.
"Me neither" Alicia said still glaring at Elyza. "Good night"
She quickly entered the cabin, going back in her room.

"Oh good morning Alicia" Madison said with a smile when she saw her daughter arriving in the kitchen.
They were all sat at the table, except Elyza.
"Where's Elyza?" Alicia asked with a frown.
"She'll leave for the city" Daniel said. "We need more ammunition"
"Alone?" Alicia exclaimed.
Daniel shrugged his shoulders.
"She insisted"
Alicia sighed, and quickly took something on the table to eat.
"I'll go with her" she said, making her way to the door, grabbing her gun and some ammunition that were in the cabinet.
"Alicia!" Madison called, but her daughter was already outside.
She walked toward the red motorcycle, at the moment when Elyza was about to mount on it.
"What do you want ?" Elyza asked in a sigh.
"Good morning to you too"
"Alicia, I'm not really in the mood. So what do you want?"
"I want to come with you" Alicia said, trying to put a little smile on her lips.
"No." Elyza quickly said. "I don't need you."
Alicia bit her lips, looking at Elyza with guilt in her eyes. Even if she was trying to hide it, the blonde was totally hurt. And Alicia noticed that.
"Maybe" Alicia said. "But I want to come."
With that, she get on the motorcycle.
"Get down of it, Clark !"
"Now you're calling me by my last name? You're really upset" Alicia said trying to sound funny, but failed as she really felt guilty now.
"Of course I'm upset. Now get down of my motorcycle."
Alicia didn't move, she just examined Elyza with a frown. Her backpack was full of things, and she had her two guns.
"You're leaving" Alicia said in a hurt tone. "You're not planning to come back"
"It doesn't concern you" Elyza said, not able to look at Alicia.
"It does! How can you do that?"
"I've no reason to stay here anymore. It's probably the best, nobody will miss me anyway"
"Don't say that! You have friends here!" Alicia was staring at Elyza, totally concerned now. "Nick likes you, Ofelia likes you, my mom ... Everyone here does. Even Elena!"
Elyza smiled at the mention of the five years old girl.
"Just because we had a fight you'll run away?"
"That's what I've always do" Elyza said with a shrug.
"Yeah well maybe it's time to change that" Alicia said, and an other smile appeared on the blonde's lips.
"Now come" Alicia said. "We really need ammunition"