Chapter 20: Jocelyn?

(3rd Person's Pov)

An ear-piercing painful scream comes from Rosie's mouth.

Magnus rushes over and uses his magic to reduce the pain, but he's running low on fuel.

"Your suitors better hurry. The magic will wear off soon and I will not be able to keep them both calm." He aggravated towards Clary.

"JOCELYN!" Luke yells as his pain starts to come back and they both dart to him.

"I'VE FOUND YOU!" He screams. "JOCELYN! NO! NO! WHERE ARE YOU?!" He snapped up.

"Jocelyn?" He asked Clary.

"No... It's... Clary." She clarified. "Magnus do it." She said motioning for him to use his magic on Luke.

"No! I.... I have to tell you. I have to tell you everything." He breathed out.

"No. Save your energy..... Magnus." She said gesturing him to use his magic again.

"WAIT." He grabbed Magnus's arm. "Tell her. Promise me, you'll tell her, tell her EVERYTHING." Magnus nods and casts his magic onto Luke's body.

"Tell me what?"

-

A pain staking scream falls out of Rosie's rather small physic. Almost unbearable how much distress she's feeling. Same goes for Luke. They both don't look too good.

"My magic can not hold her for much longer." Magnus mourned as glands of sweat start to form.

"CLARY! When your suitors come, you must add the last ingredients and feed it to Luke and Rosie." He says tensed.

She understandingly nods.

Then a roar comes from Luke, but Magnus is already occupied enough with Rosie. He reaches his right arm over to Luke and magnifies his magic to use for both Luke and Rosie. He reaps out a lucid groan as his powers are draining by the second.

"Magnus!" A male voice yelled, just as Magnus was about to fall over.

Alec came and held Magnus up.

"I can't help both." He whispered.

"What can I do?" Alec asked, then Magnus made a face of how he got an idea.

"Grab Rosie's hand."

"What?"

"Grab Rosie's hand." Magnus breathlessly repeats.

"But you said specifically, NOT to do that." Alec put forth, but Rosie's heart throbbing screech and he instinctively grabbed her palm.

A surge of power ran through his arm and darted throughout his whole body. He lets out a wrenching breath, as Rosie's brawn magic electrifies his perspective. His whole face tenses and scrunches up.

Clary added the last ingredient, just as Jace and Simon came in.

"Do you have the ingredients?" Clary urgently asked.

"Yeah. Here." He gave her a sack and she pours the whole thing into the mixture.

She puts the liquid into two separate shot-sized cups and rushes over to a weary Magnus, a crestfallen Alec, and two attainable bodies wailing in agony. She gives one of the cups to Jace and she forcefully fed her mixture to Luke as Jace did the same to Rosie.

After a few seconds Rosie and Luke's bodies relaxed and just as their bodies were at rest, both Alec and Magnus fell powerless.

"There going to need some rest." Jace hunched.

"Huh.... So my hypothesis was right." Magnus said astounded.

"What....what do you mean?" Alec said breathless.

"When you held her hand, I was right."

"Wait? That was just a guess!" Alec said a bit outraged.

"It was a good guess."

"How would you even know that would work? That I wouldn't die?"

"Umm... I told you it was a guess, but I guess there was something else in you that was even stronger than Rosie's power." Magnus put forth.

"Wha-" Alec was about to start, but he was interrupted by Jace.

"Alec." He simply stated from across the room, as he walked towards him.

"Thank you."

He manly bro-hugged Alec to express his gratitude towards him because if he were to only come a few moments later, or maybe not come at all, Luke or Rosie wouldn't be alive right now.

"Thank you. You came through for me." Jace whispered to Alec and he lets go to look towards a resting Rosie. "Thank you."

Suddenly there was a loud gasp and
Rosie shot up from the couch heaving for a breath. Her chest rapidly rising up and down.

"ROSIE!" Jace yelled and kneeled down next to her and he held her face in his hands as she was still panting for a breath. Luke was out cold, so everybody crowded around her.

She managed to calm herself down so Jace asked,

"Rosie?" He did it quieter than he did before.

"Who's that?"