IV

Whatever move he did, Luke didn't know what had been worse: getting out of his warm bed and kissing the forehead of his girlfriend of one year, zipping up his bags, leaving the note, taking his key from the holder, or the click of the door when he closed it.

If only the flight could be days later, it wouldn't have been so hard.

As he recalled his heart wrenching departure from home, he slipped on his dimly-paned sunglasses. The airport wasn't very crowded, but even in these sorts of cases, he had to be careful. There's no doubt that Luke loved his fans, he just didn't prefer the lethal ones.

As he looked at the digital clock on his phone, Luke figured he had roughly... fifty minutes before he technically had to board the plane.

But Luke thought to himself, about how it could've been so different. He could be sleeping in, cuddling with his Axel. They'd probably be eating the leftover cold pizza from the night prior whilst watching a T.V. show, or some Swayze film. Luke will admit, though: Patrick Swayze definitely had a great butt. Maybe even better than Michael's. (Maybe not).

As he sat in these prolonged thoughts, it suddenly dawned on Luke that he didn't eat breakfast. And he definitely did not want to have to consume airplane food only once, but twice.

In a near instant, the blond Aussie took off with his bags to the nearest food place, he didn't care which.

In line, he checked at his phone to see if maybe Axel texted him in reassurance. Though, that didn't usually occur until way in to the gig. It was only 6:55, she'd never be up at that time of day, but he's ought to take a chance. He was grateful for her trust in him, and that was among the many reasons why he--it was 6:55?

His flight was scheduled at seven!

Turns out his vision of "fifty minutes" had been ten times less.

As soon as he got to the front of the counter, Luke slammed down a ten dollar bill and hastily blurted, "I don't care what you give me, but I need it...now."

The cashier's mouth gaped at his sudden command, but took the money and hurriedly went to the back. Nearly a minute later, the fearful employee rushed back with a bag and an iced coffee.

Not even having the time to thank them, Luke snatched the stuff and dashed away into the terminal, eager to get on his flight at just the right time.

Luckily, the flight attendant was still standing there, with the usual pearly white teeth and contagious personality.

In a huff of breath, Luke set down as little as he could, still able to take his ticket from out of his pocket. He handed it to the lady and just continued his way towards the plane.

• 🌕🌗🌓🌑 •

Throughout most of the flight, Luke was asleep. He was up all night with Axel, watching movies and eating almost all of the sheet pizza they ordered. He was going to miss it, definitely-- the buzz of his phone interrupted his thoughts. Taking it out, he noticed that he was getting a call. It was from Axel.

Holding it up to his ear, he answered, "Hey. I'm so sorry I didn't say goodbye. I didn't want to wake you. What's going on?"

A pause went on the line, but then he heard a small sigh from the other side. Still listening intently for her voice, he switched his phone to his other hand.