Chapter 19 - Nico

THUD! THUD! THUD! 

  "Is-that-Krios?" I managed as Paris, Hades, and I were tossed about the room like paper airplanes.

  "Yes!" Hades yelled over the racket.

  Dust began to fall from the throne room ceiling; small pieces of stone dropped to the marble floor and bounced about like smaller versions of the three of us.

  "C'mon!" This-place-is-going-to-fall!" Paris jumped over a rather large hunk of tiled ceiling and dodged her way to the double doors. "Well? What're-you-waiting-for?" Her hands were on her hips. I think I saw a bit of something that looked a lot like fear dash through those bright green eyes. But then, maybe I'd imagined it because they were back to a fierce determination.

  Just then, the palace gave a tremendous shudder.

  "LOOK OUT!" I yelled and launched myself at Paris.

  My unexpected weight threw her body a good yard away from her previous position and out of the way of a large marble bust.

  "Th-thanks," Paris gulped.

  "Come on," I offered her my hand. "Let's go kick some titan behind."

  We darted down the entrance hall, ducking bits of ceiling, marble, and chunks of statues.

  Paris and I slipped through the front doors.

  Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped open. Krios, brother to Kronos and son of Gaea and Ouranos, was a strong thirty feet tall. His body was ice blue and his rams horn helmet was bigger than me.

  "How're we going to defeat that?" Paris asked.

  "Watch and learn," I grinned and ran up to the titan who was too busy trying to destroy my father's palace to notice a six foot demigod sprinting about his legs.

  I pulled my Stygian Iron sword, Erebus, named after the original god of darkness, from its sheath. I stabbed the titan's calf.

  "ARGH!" He roared and tipped his giant head downward to look at me. "DIE, DEMIGOD!"

  "Who says I'm going to die?" I darted to his other legs and hacked away with Erebus.

  "I do!" The titan glared and swatted at me with a massive hand.

  "Nah, you don't have the power. I, on the other hand, do," I gloated. 

  Krios growled angrily. I motioned towards Paris to come here and help me.

  All it took to banish a weakened titan like Krios was a stab from my father's and my sword.  I watched as my dad handed Paris his sword. He was letting her fight for him. Huh. Maybe he knew that if Paris had been immortal then she would have been more powerful than him. I, of course knew this.

   Krios looked over to where I was motioning at Paris and let loose a bellow that rocked the Underworld.

  I began to climb up Krios's leg much to his obvious anger.

  "GET OFF OF ME YOU PUNY SPECK!" Along with a few cuss words.

  I continued to climb, crouching and dodging to avoid being thrown off of him.

  About half way up, the titan finally hit me. I flew a good twenty feet away and Krios walked with thudding footsteps over to me. I'd smashed my head into the ground and was feeling woozy.

  "HEY! UGLY! OVER HERE!" I lifted my face and saw Paris waving her arms to try and distract the titan.

  She took my dad's sword and tossed it into the air so it flipped around several times. She caught it on the handle and waved it tauntingly at Krios.