Chapter 1

Just so you know, I do know that Matthew dies at the end of season 3 but I love his and Mary's relationship. In this he won't die. George will be born and he will be a father. Just so you know!

Mary's POV
"My father, your father-in-law, has just lost his youngest daughter whilst giving birth. I have lost my youngest sister, you your youngest sister in law, and Tom, your best man, he's just lost his wife. Do you really want us to lose our home and the estate TODAY? Out of all days?!?!"
I know that Matthew means well but Tom, Papa and Mama are all devastated and we have a new born baby and a mourning man to care for. We at least owe that to Sybil. Papa comes down and tells us not to go into Sybil's old bedroom or Mama's either. As Edith was always to Syb than me, she's up there with Mama because so she can comfort her. Tom is up in the other so he can be with the baby and say his last goodbyes to his wife. Carson comes in and tells Papa that the servants know, he also asks whether Mrs Patmore should prepare dinner. I think we all know that none of us have the energy to eat so I go up to my room and ring for Anna because I need a nap. I hear Matthew come up shortly after.
Matthew POV
I start walking up the stairs to speak to Mary, say I'm sorry but I bump into Anna on the way. She explains that Mary is in a very dark place do that makes my walk turn into a jog. I can't stand the thought of my beautiful wife being upset.
"My darling," I whisper as I walk through the door, "I just wasn't thinking. Just get some sleep and I'll be right next to you when you wake. I will never leave your side for as long as you want me." She nods slightly and falls asleep, I kiss her cheek gently and drop off myself, whilst my arms are wrapped around her. What a terrible day yet one thing great has come from it. We have a new human to reduce the pain of losing the old one.

So my Downton Fans, did you like the chapter. I know it wasn't the best, but it was only the start. I'd like to take this opportunity to write about the attacks in Brussels. It is terrible how people think it's okay to hurt others just for the sake of it.

On a happier note, I will be updating again tomorrow or the next day. Much love peeps! Bye!!!!