2: Audition

A/N:

Second update today! And just so you know, I really like Demi Lovato, it's just that in this story, I made her kinda mean, so sorry in advance if I offended anyone. :) Enjoy Chapter 2!

Comment and Vote!

RECAP:

"Oops, gotta go Sam, it was very nice meeting you. See ya on stage," he told me with a wave.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

**DEMI's POV**

I saw Niall jog to the judges panel. Where did he go?

"Where were you? We're starting in like, a minute!" I said, a worried look on my face.

"I was just checking who the contestants looked like. I actually bumped into one." I gasped.

"Niall, you can't just go doing your own freaking meet and greet with contestants. You might get to know them, which will give them an unfair advantage." I'll admit, I was hoping it wasn't a girl. I had a crush on Niall ever since I met him. He was so hot.

We heard the producers count down for the live show to start.

"Here we go," I said excited for the first person to come out on stage.

**A FEW CONTESTANTS LATER**

Wow, the first few singers sucked. One of them wore the skimpiest outfit ever, completely unprepared with a shitty song. She disgusted all of us. Another one of them tried singing one of my songs, "Give Your Heart A Break," and was completely quiet. Well, his lips were moving, but nothing could be heard. This show was turning out pitifully. The next one better be good.

She came out on stage, and the usual cheering came from the audience. The girl looked a little younger than me, and was wearing mint green jeans, a yellow blazer, a tribal and floral shirt and pink heels. (Pic on the side) Her brown/blonde wavy hair flowed down her back. She was pretty. A little too pretty.

"That's her! The girl I bumped into, like, 2 minutes before the show started!" Niall whisper-shouted in my ear. Oh no. What if he likes her? Shit.

"Hello. What's your name?" L.A greeted.

"Sam Levitt," she replied softly. I bet she was just faking being the 'quiet one.' I hated her already.

"How old are you, Sam Levitt?" She replied with a shy giggle.

"19 years old." Please tell me she can't sing. Please tell me she can't sing. I spoke into the mic this time.

"You are so pretty! What will you be singing for us today?" I glanced at Niall. It was like he was in a trance. Damn it.

"Thank you so much. You are beautiful as well. I'll be singing 'Isn't She Lovely' by Stevie Wonder."

"My band mate Harry sang that for his audition as well! Is that why you picked it?" Niall asked with a knowing look.

"Only partially. I'm singing it because my dad used to sing it to me when I was little. He's my absolute best friend and he said it was the song the radio was playing when I was born." The audience 'awwed' at her explanation.

We let the sound technician start the music. I was really nervous. But it looked like Sam was even more nervous. Her hands were shaking. Good.

**SAM's POV**

I heard the music playing. I was nervous, but I had to put that energy to good use. I started to sing at the right moment, my voice echoing throughout the arena. I instantly heard cheering and applause. Yess! They don't hate me! I continued the song, ready for the twist I put on it.

".....I never thought, through love we'd be,

making one as lovely as she.

Isn't she lovely made from love...."

More applause erupted as I sang the high note. They continued cheering through the interlude. Now for the next part, where I hold out the note..

"Isn't she pretty. True as the angels best.

Boy I'm so happy, we have been Heaven-blessed.

I can't believe what God has done, through us he's given life to one.

Isn't she lovely, made from LOOOVE!!"

I belted and held the last word, and as if the crowd couldn't have gotten any louder, they did. I was so happy at that moment. My dream was coming true. I almost cried.

As the music faded away, Niall gave me the biggest smile ever along with two thumbs up. I thought I saw Demi give me a slight glare, but I brushed it off. Probably just me and my nerves. Simon spoke into the mic. I was prepared for the worst.

"I have one word for you. Perfect. That was a perfect audition. You should be very proud of yourself." A gush of happiness filled my body. I put my hand over my mouth to try and cover up how happy I was. I felt tears coming into my eyes. I could just scream right now! Next, L.A spoke.

"I fully agree with Simon. I mean, where'd that come from?! That was so unexpected to come from a quiet girl like you." I giggled at this. Niall was next.

"You know how amazing you are? I knew you were pretty, but wow. You've got the Pop-star Package!" He said with a wink. I blushed majorly. He was so cheeky. I wonder what Demi will say? As if reading my mind, she started talking.

"I agree with Nialler here, that you are pretty good at singing. I suggest you don't shake so much next time you sing for us." I couldn't tell if that was a joke or...Whatever. I'm too happy to even be annoyed or mad at her right now. Simon interrupted my thoughts.

"Alright let's vote. Demi?"

"Yes. Simon?"

"For sure. Positively a yes. Niall?"

"No doubt a yes yes yes! L.A?" I smiled at his cute response. Wait, cute?

"For sure, girl. You are going to Hollywood!!" I cheered along with every other audience member here.

A/N:

Tell me what you think about this chapter, AND how you think the story will play out. (What'll happen) The closest will get a dedication!! Byeee:)

--Tella :)