starting your account

1. Signing Up for an Account:

•This is a fairly easy thing to do and is quite self explanatory. You'll need to download the app for Instagram (free on the Play Store/App Store) and sign up for a new account.

•It's extremely important that you give a legitimate email address and/or a phone number to verify your account. A lot of people don't give a phone number or an email address and then end up getting locked out of their accounts, so if you want to prevent that from happening to you then I strongly recommend supplying BOTH.

2. Creating a Username:

•Usernames are quite important as most of the time they're the first thing people see from your account (besides your bio) so you'll want to have one that's not only eye catching but interesting.

•Try have a username that relates to your account. If your username is
@/blissharrys I'm probably going to assume that you're a Harry Styles fan account, and then be quite surprised when I find you posting pictures of Taylor Swift.

•With usernames you'll want to be original, which can be hard to do as a lot of great usernames are already taken. I recommend following
@/usernamesandbios and
@/usernamesx on Instagram to find usernames that aren't taken.

•If you're still having trouble finding a username, leave a comment below and I'll help you out :)

•Try and refrain from putting unnecessary characters in your usernames, such as underscores and periods because it makes the username look ugly. Too many unnecessary letters and numbers looks ugly too. You're better off with picking a username that contains lyrics or maybe a quote from the person/band etc. that you're running a fanpage for.

•If you're a Taylor Swift fanpage for example, @/playersgonnaplay looks better than @/taaaylorsswiftloverrr12345

Creating a Bio:

•I definitely recommend following
@/usernamesandbios on Instagram if you want to find a good bio.

•Some people like bios that are humorous, some like bios that are original and sweet, and some like bios that simply tell them what their account is about. Bios are quite important, although people are more likely to follow based on what you post. Never the less, a bio is better than no bio at all.

•If you're in desperate need of a bio, comment below and I'll help you out :)

Choosing a Profile Picture/Icon:

•Profile pictures aren't as important as usernames and bios, but they do make your account look great! I know a few accounts that make icons for you to use such as @/akathemes and
@/iconsagb on Instagram (but please do remember to give them credit).

•You could always try ask people who run a similar fanpage to the one you're running and ask them if they know anyone who can make one for you :)

•If any of you are in desperate need of an icon, comment below and I can make you one :)

•Remember to ask someone if you can use their icon that they made before using it, and remember to credit them!

•You can always just use a normal photo but I think that icons that people make look a lot neater and are more aesthetically pleasing.

Hope this helped guys! If you want me to write about something specific let me know!

{Next chapter will be on posting/edits etc.}

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle