posting

{ how to/when to and what to post }

So you've made an account, you've thought of a cool username and bio and you've even got an icon to match. Now what?

1. Your First Post:
•Your first post is quite important, as it gives people a good insight to what your account is going to be like. I recommend starting your account off with a theme (which should consist of 9-12 posts). No one likes a messy feed, which is why having a theme is quite good, and is something I would recommend.

s i d e n o t e:
•the next chapter will be about themes and editing, so stay tuned for that chapter if you want help with starting your account.

2: How to Post:
•This step is quite easy, and almost everyone should be able to do it. To post you need to tap the big blue button at the bottom of the screen. From there you can either post something from your camera roll or you can take a new photo/video.

3. Captions
•Honestly, I hate people who don't write captions to go with their posts. I get that sometimes it can be hard thinking of a caption, but if you don't write one it makes you look lazy and that you put no effort into your account.

•Captions are a way for your followers to interact with your account. Question of the Post/Day (QOTP/QOTD) is something you should try and include in your captions every time you post. This way your followers can comment to answer the QOTP/QOTD and you might learn a thing or two about them, such as what country they're from or who their favourite singer is.

•QOTP/QOTD is quite helpful if you want to find out what time it is where your followers are, as this gives you a good insight of when to post.

4. When to Post:
•At the moment, most people are currently still in school and don't have school holidays for a while. No one is really online in the morning, but a lot of people are on in the afternoon after school or later at night.

•As I said before, asking people what time it is where they are is a good way to know when to post, as you can compare the time where you are to them, and figure out when it would be appropriate to post.

•I'm from New Zealand, and most of my followers are from Australia. I've figured out that I'm around 2-5 hours ahead of them, so I aim to post at around 9pm on school days so that they'll see it at around 4pm-7pm. On weekends I post throughout the day after 10am-12am so that I'll be posting when my followers are awake.

s i d e n o t e:
•You're going to have followers that are a bit harder to accommodate for, but you should try and aim for the majority of your followers who are closer in terms of time zones to where you are.

•Don't spam. It doesn't only annoy your followers, but it also leaves you with a lot less stuff to post. You should aim to post 1-3 times a day (not all at once).

t i p  f o r  g e t t i n g  n o t i c e d:
•Write meaningful captions to accommodate your posts (with correct grammar/spelling) and actually put effort into the things you post. Celebrities are more likely to notice you if you do. Don't be afraid to ask your followers to tag the specific person you want to notice you, but be nice about it and don't force people to do it.

•Personally, I'm much more likely to tag someone when I see someone out a lot of effort into a post, so keep that in mind when posting.

{next chapter: themes and editing}

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle