Chapter 6

Sooner or later, Chara was feeling better and wanted to get back on their feet. Frisk waited a couple of days before going back to Snowdin, this time providing Chara with a scarf.

Chara protested at first, "I don't need this! I'll be fine!" But as soon as they hit the cold air of Snowdin, they wrapped it around their neck, embarrassed that they had to. The two made their way to the foggy area where they were to battle Papyrus.

After listening to his speech about "meeting a cool new friend who happens to have a love for spaghetti," Frisk flirting with him, and Chara getting highly annoyed, they spared him. Chara tried to move on to Waterfall, but Frisk dragged them back to have their date with Papyrus.

"C'mon, Frisk! Do you really want to go on a date with that moron again!"

"Why not? It's good to be on good terms with everyone."

Chara growled as Frisk continued to drag them across Snowdin by the collar. They made it to Papyrus' house, where said skeleton was waiting outside.

"WELL IF IT ISN'T THE TWO HUMANS!" Papyrus exclaimed, making Chara cringe. "ARE YOU READY TO HAVE THAT DATE?"

"No." Chara said as Frisk said "Yes."

"GREAT! I NEED TO TAKE YOU SOMEPLACE REALLY SPECIAL TO ME." Papyrus walked them away from his house -- Frisk lagging back a bit from dragging Chara -- then did a u-turn, walking back to his house. "MY HOUSE!" He shouted before rushing in.

Frisk finally let go of Chara's collar. "If you're so against this, you can wait out here." They said before walking in after Papyrus.

"Fine!" Chara said as the door closed. They folded their arms and pouted. "Tch, like I care about that stupid date. That skeleton isn't charming in any way shape or form anyway. Not like you have feelings for him anyway." Chara jumped at their statement. "Not like I care! Why would I care if you had feelings for that skeleton?! I don't!"

***********************************

"SOUNDS LIKE THE OTHER HUMAN CARES FOR YOU A LOT! THEY'RE WILLING TO DENY THEIR FEELINGS!"

Frisk sighed, then opened their mouth to respond, but couldn't think of anything to say. "I guess this is what I get for flirting with everyone..." They said with a nervous chuckle.

"AS MUCH AS YOU MAY LOVE ME, I BELEIVE THE ONE YOU SHOULD TRULY BE WITH IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS DOOR"

"I...guess you're right..."

"OF COURSE I AM! I AM VERY GREAT, AFTERALL!"

"Thanks, Papyrus," Frisk said before opening the door, hitting Chara. "Sorry!"

Chara rubbed their shoulder, "Done already?"

"Uh, yeah. We should get going. Undyne awaits and...yeah."

Chara raised an eyebrow at Frisk's change in behavior, then shrugged and stood up. "To Waterfall."

**********************************

"So, uh, Chara..." Frisk began as they walked through the caves of Waterfall, "You-You got anything you wanna...talk about?"

Chara looked at them and raised an eyebrow, "The hell did that skeleton talk to you about?"

"Nothing," Frisk shrugged, "Just, uh...thought you might have a weight on your chest or something..." Suddenly, a magical spear landed right in front of them, just as they were taking a step. "RUN."

After running through the passage way and avoiding Undyne's spears, they finally made it to the area of tall grass where they could catch their breath. They heard the sound of Undyne's armor clanging near. They looked at each other and shared the same expression. 'DON'T MOVE'