Chapter 1: Letty

"Hey CC, it's Letty. For lack of a better term you accident prone little sister is here again." I say.

"Oh shit, this isn't CC but is Rile okay?" A different guy's voice asks.

"Yeah, just a little sprain." I explain. "She'll be okay in a couple days, she just has to take it easy."

"Okay, I'll tell CC and we'll probably be around to pick her up shortly." The guy says.

"Okay." I agree and hang up the phone.

I hate talking on the phone or to the general public but my parents wanted me in this profession. They're both doctors and bought that their only child had to be in a medical field as well. They never asked me what I wanted to be, frankly they didn't care. Scarlett was going to be a doctor in their eyes. I guess I'm close enough, I'm a nurse.

I walk back into Riley's room and start to wrap up her ankle.

"Ow! That's too tight, Scarlett." She hisses and I pull tighter. "I mean Letty! Asshole." She mutters the last part. "Was CC pissed off?"

"I didn't talk to CC. Some other guy answered the phone. Sounded just as worried as CC though." I explain.

"Probably Rikki, he's sweet. You'd like him." Riley says and I look at her.

"Sounds like you're trying to set me up." I say and she smiles.

"Nothing like that. I mean you would be cute together but--"

"You know I don't have time for dating, Kiddo." I remind her. "I've gotta figure out a way to tell my parents that I really don't want to work here."

"If you don't work here where would you work?" She wonders.

"I heard strippers make alright money." I say and she kicks me.

"Scarlett, don't talk like that." Riley hisses and I laugh. "Besides if you don't work her who will tape me up?"

"Good question." I say as I finish wrapping her ankle. "All done, ready for those guys to pick you up."

"I'm introducing you to Rikki." She states.

"I'm faster than you, gimp." I laugh as I walk out the door.