Chapter 14

Chapter 14

     Blind Realization

Long lost words whisper slowly to me....

Still can't find what keeps me here...

When all this time, I've been so hollow...

Inside...

I know your still there...

Mosome sat curled up in a corner, starring at the ground with wide eyes, her mind nearly consumed by the madness of Asura's aura. The darkness around her wouldn't allow her to see her own hand directly in front of her face despite her heightened senses. Moans and muffled screams could be heard as whispers here and there, she had no idea where she was or how long she'd been here. She couldn't think, she couldn't hear anyone's thoughts either. Why isn't anyone trying to find me...? Am I that useless to them...? Could Asura be right? Maybe they don't care after all... she debated with herself.

Two red eyes appeared in front of her, the only things she could see in the darkness, and she made the mistake of looking at them. A gust of insanity slammed her backwards into the wall with a yelp. The wall cracked and shattered, rubble landing on top of Mosome, showering her in dust and pieces of concrete. She lay there, numb and confused. Her stomach was empty, and her throat dry.

Asura gave a sick chuckle, "You're supposed to be my biggest threat? Medusa is truly mad if she thinks that. You aren't so strong. Maybe you can be my pet~" one of his scarves wrapped around her neck lifted her up. She gave a choking sound before managing to spit in his face and give a coarse growl, "I'm no ones- p.et you. bitch."

The scarf around her neck tightened, and soon his other scarves were wrapping themselves around her wrists, ankles and waist, bringing her closer to him. She could barely see his pale, gaunt face inches from her, and shivers went down her back when he spoke his next words, "Of course, you could always become part of me..." A sick smirk crossed his face, the last thing she saw before blacking out from lack of air.

0

0

0

0

A week had passed since the attack on Death City, the collateral damage was still trying to be fixed. Tsubaki was completely back to normal, Mosome's help having sped up her healing process from the snake bite. The school was mourning the deaths of 5 students, 3 miesters, and 2 weapons. The weapon who had lost her wielder ended up in critical condition, and no one thinks she would pull through.

Kid had been occupied helping his father reconstruct some of the symmetry of the city. Liz had noticed that he wasn't himself, he wasn't freaking out over symmetry, or even caring if his hair or outfit was messed up or dirty. This worried her greatly, and she wondered if he could possibly be that depressed over Mosome and Soul's deaths. She knew Black Star was out of it for sure, he'd started training 3 days ago and hadn't stopped since, not even to eat. He'd vowed he'd give Medusa and Asura the slowest, most painful deaths possible.

Kid was tending to some minor reconstruction of the buildings, not really paying attention to anything. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe she was gone. She was one of his best friends, but why did he have such an emptiness in his heart?

He was snapped out of his thoughts by the roar of a familiar motorcycle, and he blinked, looking up and staring in shock as Soul was headed towards him at full speed, slowing as he neared and came to a stop, turning the bike off and he looked at Kid, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Black Star had suddenly appeared and he tackled Soul, "SOUL YOU'RE ALIVE!!"

Soul blinked, "What do you mean? You thought I was dead?"

Kid nodded, recovering his composer, "Yes, we did. When Asura threw that explosion at you and Mosome, we'd figured you'd both been killed."

Soul laughed slightly, "You seriously thought Mosome would let us die like that? Not cool man."

"Besides, if I died, this place would be boring." A familiar voice came from behind them all, and Kid turned to see Mosome, wildly symmetrical in her strange way where no one without a trained eye would notice. Her hair was shorter though, and he assumed that she had just cut it during the fight because something had grabbed it like a lot of girls had done.

Black Star smirked, and teased Kid, "Look who's smiling at the little telepath like a moron."

Patty joined in on the teasing, "Aw! He has a crush!"

An awkward blush appeared on both Kid and Mosome's face, and everyone else laughed. Mosome smacked Black Star on the back of his head, "Shut up douche!" she scowled at him.

Black Star didn't even flinch, "Was that supposed to hurt?" He raised an eyebrow.

Mosome quickly searched for a lie, "Uhm. I'm still a little weak. I took on a lot of damage from Asura's attack."

The others gave her weird looks for a second but they shrugged it off and continued celebrating that Soul and her weren't dead after all. Kid walked over to her and gave her a warm hug, "I'm glad you've returned unharmed Mosome." He said before stepping back, brushing himself off. Mosome blinked, He likes me..er.. her after all huh? Heh, seems Lord Asura was right after all...

"Well, glad to see you guys and all, but I've got to go do something back in the forest, I'll be back later." She smiled and disappeared into her smokey aura.

She appeared in an abandoned tower far from Death City, and she morphed back into her true form. Her reflection in the mirror becoming that of Medusa rather than that of Mosome, "Seems you were right Lord Asura. This plan truly shall work after all.." She smirked, How fun...~