I'll play student, you be teacher (pic of Caleb)

Recap

“Today we will be splitting up into small groups. I’m going to split you all up based off the position you play. From there you will be working with an assistant Coach going through drills and workouts specifically geared towards your position. When I call your position please step forward” Coach Small said, before shouting out positions.

Everyone was pretty much called off, leaving just a small group of seven of us behind. Sam and Will had already left in their groups, leaving Xavier as the only person I knew, this day is already starting out great I thought sarcastically.

“I’m assuming you guys are all forwards. It’s your lucky day, you will be working with my nephew. Don’t let his age fool you, he’s going to be hard on all of you and expect nothing but the best from you. Now off you go” Coach Smalls said dismissing us.

I walked to where Coach Smalls pointed to his nephew, who was currently picking up a bag of soccer balls. He had his back turned to me and I let my eyes roam over his cute butt, toned legs, and sculpted arms. Momma likes, I thought with a smile. Guess good genes runs in Coach Small’s family. I was lost in my admiration and I hadn’t realized the young man had turned around. My eyes instantly met his and I about fainted, “Caleb…”

Chapter 14

This isn’t real, this isn’t real! I kept chanting that in my head closing my eyes and opening them over and over and no matter how many times I did that, Caleb was still standing there in all his glory. The other guys had managed to gather around us in the middle of my mental breakdown and were giving us curious looks as we both stared at each other. My mouth was hanging open in disbelief while Caleb had the biggest smile splashed across his face. We were in some sort of staring contest and it wasn’t until one of the guys stepped forward and introduced himself to Caleb that we broke eye contact.

“Hey man, the name’s Grayson but most people call me Shark” the guy said stretching out his hand to shake Caleb’s.

Caleb was still looking at me out of the corner of his eye when he responded, “Sup man, Shark is it? Do I even want to know why they call you that?”

“Because man, I’m a killer on the soccer field” he responded cockily, while the other guys snickered around him.

Caleb turned to the overconfident guy giving him his full attention, sizing him up, “Well Shark…let’s see if you can back up all that overconfidence you seem to have.”

I wanted to laugh when I saw Shark’s face drop a little as Caleb brushed past him and stood in the middle of the group. He was taking stock of us all as his eyes made contact with everyone, leaving me last. As his eyes met mine once again, I felt my heart racing. I didn’t know if it was from the shock of seeing him or the fact that when he use to look at me like that my heart would always flutter. I nervously fidgeted under his gaze and was relieved when he finally looked away.