Red book

"Hey guys I have an idea!" I announce. The three boys look up at me. We were sitting on my bed for probably half an hour on our phones and it was rather boring. My room is extremely boring anyway. A small tv on a wooden table, a double bed that smelled like Jack due to him sleeping here for the week since his parents were away. My room was simply boring but Jack and I always found something to do

"What is it Alex?" Jack mumbles putting down his phone with a yawn.

"Have you ever heard of the red book ritual?" I ask. Everyone shakes their heads. I sigh.

"We aren't obsessed with the supernatural like you Alex" Rian rolls his eyes. I glare at him. He just loves mocking every little thing I do.

Rian has always been mean to me. He never let me speak and hated every little thing I did. He was probably only here for Zack because he didn't really like Jack too much. I think he was slightly afraid of Jack. I don't see why. Jack is a cuddly soft boy with not much muscle but he is rather strong. He couldn't hurt a fly. He's just very threatening.

"Hey don't offend him he's into what he's into like you're obsessed with doctor who!" Jack shuffles on the bed in front of me protecting me. I peck his cheek thankfully.

Jack was always protective over me. In a cute way. When people mocked me he'd give out to them. When someone annoyed me he'd always be there to help me. He's really great.

"Thank you Jacky" I say with a smile. He turns around to face me returning the smile.

"No problemo Gaskartho" he says in an Italian accent. I laugh at how well he pulled the accent off.

"Hey Alex tell us more about this red book thing"  Zack says putting down his phone also. Everyone's phone was down except Rian's. Jack coughs. Rian mutters an apology and places the phone down on the bed.

"It's a spirit game unlike ouija boards it's completely safe!" I say enthusiastically. The only one who seemed interested was Jack. Zack was just willing to go along with whatever and Rian just didn't give a shit

"And.." Rian says unamused.

"Well I bought a red candle and I found a red book I was wondering if we could play it?" Jack nods with a smile.

"Sure" Zack says with a tight grin. We turn to face rian who's on his phone again.

"If you aren't playing the game you have to leave he room ri" I tell him. He sighs.

"Let's play your stupid game then" rian sighs placing down his phone. Jack looks at Rian with narrowed eyes before turning back to me with a smile.

"Nothing Alex does is stupid shut up rian!" Jack shouts. I blush slightly and kiss his nose.

"Thanks babe" I stand up and go to my bookshelf and get my candle and my book.

"So I found this big ass red book and I'm not sure what it is but its red. I bought a candle for it. This'll be fun" I say.

"How do you play it Alex?" Zack asks. Zack didn't seem extremely enthused but he was going along with my game. He always went along with the crowd and was rather shy.

"Okay so the lights will be off only the candle remaining and I will hold the book and close my eyes and say "red book can I join your game" and open it on a random page and read the sentence. if I get a positive response I'm in. If it doesn't make sense or its negative pass the book over. Once we are all in we can ask questions. Here's some ground rules. Don't ask when we will die, don't ask something that could upset you,. Basically don't be stupid okay this is serious shit. No laughing or giggling." I explain. Rian looks interested now.