Chapter 2

The next day Cleo talked Lewis into inviting Rikki at their house, so they could both talk to her.

It wasn't easy for the brunette to talk her husband into that, but eventually after much discussion, she succeeded.

Cleo was really impatient after that, mostly because she wanted the curly blond to agree to help them.

She decided to invite Rikki over for lunch, so she could invite Emma and Bella before that and the three of them could make out a possible strategy for the brunette and Lewis, after she explains them her plan.

The girls arrived just time, after Cleo had prepared everything.

She welcomed them with a wide smile. Once they had got their comfortable position on the couch, Cleo told them everything to the last detail. Now she waited patiently for their reaction and advice.

Bella looked a bit shocked while Emma's expression was hard to be read.

"Cleo, are you sure about that? I mean that's Rikki we're talking about here." Emma asked, biting her lip.

"Actually I'm with Cleo on this, but I'm worried that it'll be really hard to talk Rikki into it."

"That's why I called you two, I hoped you can help me think of a way to make her agree."

"I don't know, Cleo. I think you've taken a rush decision. You need to think this through, very carefully."

"I already did, Em. That's the only way."

"You can always adopt."

"Yeah, but then I'll be raising someone else's child."

"Em what's up? Why are you so against that?"

It wasn't Cleo who asked her, it was Bella.

"I'm not, I just.." She looked at Cleo. "I'd do this for you. And I know Bella would do it too. Why Rikki?"

Cleo gave her a warming smile and took the other girl's hand in hers.

"Because you and Bella are mothers. How are you going to explain to your children why the baby in your belly is not yours?! While Rikki is on her own and is single. She doesn't need to explain anything to anyone." The brunette explained softly.

Emma smiled back to her.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just got a little bit-"

"Jealous?" Bella raised her eyebrows playfully.

"Yeah."

The three of them chuckled softly.

"Now, I really need your advice." Cleo said getting serious. "What should I do?"

"I honestly have no idea, but maybe you should talk to her and explain her everything." Bella said. "Maybe if you open your heart in front of her she won't refuse to do what you ask her to. She might not agree, but I think she won't refuse either."

"Bella's right." Emma nodded in agreement. "Rikki may be harsh and stubborn, but she's not a bad person. She's our friend, your friend and she'll eventually agree. Just try not to push her too hard. Give her some time to think it over and don't try to get an immediate answer off her."

Cleo nodded.

"Thanks. Thanks for the understanding and for the advice."

Emma smiled.

"You don't need to thank us. We are soul-sisters after all, right?!"

"Right."

Bella and Cleo both nodded.