《7 - Why Just One?》

"Inmate was Ian Watkins, alleged sex offender," a prison guard stated, handing Angelo a prisoners file.

"Child pornography and had sex with a long list of minors, most of them not consensual. Was serving 30 years,"Angelo said. "Regular twisted perv with a thing for little kids. Definitely fits Roadkill's MO."

"But how does someone manage to break into a prison and kill an inmate in the middle of the night?" Chris asked. Especially leaving that big of a mess in his cell. Looks like the movie set of Texas Chainsaw Massacre in there."

"What has me more confused is he only killed one criminal," Angelo said. "This prison is full of people fitting Roadkill's MO. Why Watkins in general?"

"You're saying Watkins was probably close to Roadkill?" Chris said.

"If he wasn't, he'd kill as many prisoners as he can grab, but only claimed one victim here," Angelo said, then turned to the prison guard. "I'll need Watkins's case file, including a list of his victims."

"On it," he said, walking off as me and Angelo look back at the cell.

The victim's innards were cut out of him, including his man parts, and thrown around, his throat cut open, showing bone, and his arms and legs ripped off.

"I think the real question is how nobody noticed one of their prison mates was getting slaughtered. This guy would have been screaming yet everyone slept through it," Dr. Malarkey said, standing up.

"Guy was probably quieted down before Roadkill got to work," Chris said.

"He definitely was quick with this. Most of his bones are even missing," Dr. Malarkey said.

"I'll have someone examine the list of victims, see if anyone stands out. We gotta handle Demon first, see what he knows to help out," Angelo said.

"Good then. Let's hope for the best," Chris said as he got a call and answers. "Cerulli."

"Chris, you might want to come to headquarters real quick," Maria said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Trust me, you're gonna want to get over here with Angelo," she said.

Chris was quiet as he looked at Angelo. "Fine. We'll be there."

He hangs up. "Ryan Ashley, we got to go. Have one of your people drop off Watkins's case file at the offices," He said. "We're needed at HQ."

"Yes, sir," she said as me and Angelo left.

***

"This was recorded this morning," Agent Maxwell Green said, leading us into one of the conference rooms, where Maria and Manson were, along with two other agents, Agents Michael Orlando and Agent Jacob Pitts.

"Thought you still had another case, Maria," I said as me and Angelo walked in.

"Case closed early. I'm all yours, gentlemen," she smirked.

I chuckled as we sat down.

"Now, 2 hours ago, this was broadcasted to almost every news channel on local TV," Manson said.

Manson played the tape and a deep altered voice spoke, but was wearing a Guy Fawkes mask and black contact lenss, a black hood over his head.

"This isn't the end of me. I am doing the world the favor, disposing of all the wretched scum that deserve to be in a cell, yet walk the streets," the voice sneered.

"Is that Roadkill?" Angelo sort-of whispered.

Maria nodded as we continued to watch.

"Police have never been there for the victims of these heinous crimes. Some are even shunned and humiliated more," he said. "You can send any law enforcement agency after me. Hell you can even send Secret Service, but I won't stop until this town is cleansed from all the real criminals, and that includes idiotic politicians, dirty cops, those who still believe its still the 1950's, and those who don't respect the ones they love. My warning to the law enforcement is..."

We all listened.

"My next victim won't be erased with the slice of a blade, but with the heat of a blaze," he said, and the clip ends.

"Won't be erased with the slice of a blade, but with the heat of a blaze?" Angelo asked.

"If we're right, his next case is going to involve arson, or something similar," Agent Pitts said. "Eitherway, it can't be good."

Chris pursed his lips and looked at Angelo, who nodded.

"We gotta meet with Demon," Angelo said.

~~~~~

Okay, so, in case nobody was familiar with the name, Ian Watkins was the singer in a band called lostprophets. He was guilty of child pornography and having sex with minors, most of them his own fans (something lie that, if I'm correct). He did it very secretly, and not even his own bandmates found out until he was bought to justice. He's now serving heavy time in prison.

I was really close to seeing them once during my freshman year of high school at Warped Tour, since I was a huge fan of lostprophets, but ended up not going due to summer school.

That was the first time I was actually glad I missed a Warped Tour.

The band broke up shortly after Ian Watkins was sent to prison. I still question listening to their songs anymore.

Want to know more, you can look this up online, there's a bunch of articles about it.

Hope you are all enjoying the book so far. :)

♡~ sapphire.