Prologue

Louis

I practically run downstairs at the sound of the mailman.

Why? You ask. I signed up to be the very first V.S. male model. Who wouldn't want that honour?

Harry, my boyfriend, stumbles after me, nearly tripping over his huge feet. His hair flops over his face as he follows me to the door. I take a deep breath before opening the door. I reach into the mailbox, that we got specially installed so I could reach it, and pull out a few magazines and three small envelopes. My breathing slowly starts to increase once I see the Victoria's Secret label on one of the envelopes.

"Calm down, babe. Deep breaths." Harry says. I nod and take a few deep breaths before walking back into the house, somewhat calmly, and sitting on the couch. I take a few seconds of silence before ripping open the envelope with a huge grin on my face.

I unfold the letter and begin reading to myself.

"What does it say? Did you get in? Lou, say something."

My smile fades gradually as I continue to read. My face twists in confusion. My eyes brim with tears.

I really wanted this.

"Lou, babe, I'm sorry." Harry says, but it goes straight past me. He brings my head to his chest and I listen to his heartbeat. "Do you want anything?"

I nod, "Some tea, please." I don't recognize my own voice. It sounds so tiny, small, and sad. He smiles a little and shifts me from his lap to the couch. I reach for the letter and reread it. I toss it back to the others when I see another with the same Victoria's Secret label and my brows furrow. Why would they send two? I wipe my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater and reach out for it, grabbing it and yanking it to me.

I quickly open it and read the letter.

Oh my god.

I got in.