Chapter 17

Nico di'Angelo's POV: (Ha ha! I'm just full of surprises today!)

Its raining. Ok, that might not sound to spectacular but it is for me now. I guess I've been at Camp Half-Blood too long. This week though, I'm at Camp Jupiter. When Frank got field promotion to Praetor it became his obligation to go back there. And of course Hazel followed. But I knew she wasn't abandoning me, I could go see her any time. Anyway, I was walking through the rain, towards the forum, when the bell rang. I racked my brain for a couple of seconds, trying to remember what it meant. Invaders *insert colorful language here*. With that I grabbed my stygian iron sword and rushed to find Hazel.

I didn't find her. She found me. And honestly, she didn't look to panicked about the whole invader thing. She grinned at me, "Hey Nico! Percy and some weird friends are here to see you!" Ah. Trust Percy to manage to set off all the alarms. "What does he want?" I tried to contain my annoyance.

"He wouldn't tell me, but it was quite strange. He and his friend just appeared in the middle of the forum. Like shadow travel, without shadows." I raise my eyebrows. I've never heard of anything like it.

"Well, lets go." I take off, without waiting to see if she follows. This may or may not sound heartless to you, but to be fair she probably didn't want her big brother trailing after her all the time. If only I could shadow travel again. Then life would be a million times better. But noooo what if I turn into a puddle of darkness? Humph. A moment later we arrive, well I arrive, Hazel comes a second later. Franks there, wearing the purple toga, his sing of praetor. He looks even more awkward than usual, standing next to Reyna who looks as regal and emotionless as normal. Well she's about as ruffled as I've ever seen her (even worse than Albania!). In the center of the square stand Percy and three other youths about his age. They're nervous, hands on their pockets as if ready to draw a weapon. When I walk in Percy looks relived, first and last time anyone's ever been happy to see me.

"Hey Nico, good to see you. We've got a bit of a problem and were wondering if you could help us out?" Percy pleads.

"Why don't you ask Annabeth." Its a statement, not a question.

"She's missing. We know why but your talents are needed."

"Um no. Puddle of darkness, remember?"

"Look, your the only one who can help. If you wont one of the worst bad guys in history, who we only just managed to kill, will come back. Don't be a coward." The boy with the glasses says. Everyone who knows me or knows of me takes a collective gasp.

"Um, Harry? You might want to apologize and or apperate very far away." Percy looks scared. The boy, Harry looks terrified and I'm glad when Percy pulls him off to the side. I breath deeply, trying to list reasons not to kill him. The list is relatively short, no-one would be that upset. I was provoked! Harry walks back over, "Look Nico, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I'm just super worried about Annabeth. So when I thought that you weren't going to help us find her and that you'd just let Voldemort come back without a fight it made me angry that anyone would even think of not fighting back. And I know you can hold grudges for a really long time but I hope, just thins once, you'll give me a second chance." He looks scared that I'm not going to accept his apology. My shoulders, which were taunt all through this encounter, relaxed slightly. "You said something about Annabeth being missing?" I swear the whole of New Rome let out a breath. Geez, I'm not that bad!

"Yeah, I'm not sure how, but this evil guy who just died is trying to raise Erebus, the place souls go right after they die. And by the sounds of things hes doing pretty good." Percy says.

"No mortal could do that!" I ask suspiciously.

"Oh, he's a wizard."

Um, OKKKK.

A/N

Hey People! I have like almost a thousand reads!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I