Chapter Two

a/n :MAJOR CHANGES TO CHAPTER ONE, PLEASE GO BACK AND LOOK! I'm sorry guys, but I messed up :(

C O L E Y
As my bus stops at my house, I debate whether I should get off or not. I don't want to. But I know I have to. I slowly make my way to the door and everyone tells me to hurry up. I finally get there and walked the rest of the way to my house. My old, haunting, miserable house. I hear my dad yelling. He's drunk again and he's arguing with my mom. I go through my window to my room. I mean, I usually wouldn't go home at all. I usually stay at Sonya's house because I'll be 18 very soon. Sonya is 18 now.

"Coley! Get your ass in the house right now!" my dad is running after me, but I get onto my bike and escape.

Sonya's mom isn't ever home. She basically lets Sonya just live there for free while she goes off and prostitutes for a living. I knock on the door and see her with her boyfriend, Trenton, in the back. He's drinking beer and smoking a cigarette. Sonya has one too.

S O N Y A
Hopefully, Coley won't notice my bruises from Trenton. He is okay right now, because he's smoking. Smoking calms him down sometimes.

"Hey," I say to Coley as I welcome her in. She smiled until she saw Trent.
"It's okay." I mouth to her and try my best to fake a smile; I think it works.

"You've haven't smoked today, have you?" I ask. "Not necessarily... well... no." I laugh and hold out the end of mine to her and she takes a puff and blows it out at me. Trenton passes out on the couch.

"Yeah. I'll have one." she says proudly, fixing her black choker. I smile and light one for her and she takes it.

"Thanks, Caliber." We smoke and then we head to the backyard and sat by the edge of the pool.

C O L E Y
I'm hungry and I need to take a shower. Sonya's parents aren't poor like mine; they just didn't care about Sonya. My parents don't care about me either, it's jut that Sonya's parents at least leave her stuff at home; I have next to nothing.

"I'm hungry, got anything to eat?" I ask.
"Yeah. Chips are okay, right?" she replies and I nod. Sonya comes back with some Lay's potato chips. We eat almost the whole thing and talk about our families. Soon, night falls and the girls aren't nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, where's Taylor and Jenna?" I ask her. She shrugs and turns around.

"They're not coming. They'll be here tomorrow. To be honest, I just wanted you to stay here with me. I'm sorry." she confesses and I suddenly realize why she did; because of Trenton. I scoot up closer to her and sit right next to her.

"It's okay; he's not going to hurt you anymore, okay?" I try my best to comfort her but she probably doesn't care.

"Thanks, Alleger." I smirk at her and she returns it then she gets up. I follow her through the house and sit on her bed as she takes a quick shower. Then I hop into the shower myself.