Chapter VII: Here It Goes PT. 1

The Next Day

Kai P. O. V.

I put my hair in a fishtail braid grabbed my sunglasses and started packing my purse, when my phone went off.

Joseph:Im outside beautiful 😉

Me: k give me a sec

"Where you going baby? " Kandi said as she entered our room.

"Basketball with Joseph I'll be back in a few hours. "

"Ok, have fun with your boo! " She replied.

"Not my boo just a good friend. " I responded. As I began to walk down to the first floor to meet Joseph I saw David walking in my direction, I tried to scurry past him without him noticing but to no avail.

"You can't speak? " He said.

"It ain't even like that, just in a hurry that's all. " I said adjusting the plaid yellow and black shirt I had tied around my acid wash denim shorts.

"You look nice. "

"Thanks... " I said as I started to walk off, he grabbed my arm and pulled me in for a hug.

"I love you. "

"I know you do. "

"And I know you love me too. "

"Bye David. "

I made my way down into the lobby and spotted Joseph sitting in one of the chairs watching ESPN drinking a Sprite and eating a jumbo rice crispy treat. I came up behind him and placed my neatly done manicured fingers on his eyes and said, "You do know eating that isn't going to help you win?."

He stood up a gave me a hug and laughed me off, " I was starting to think you wasn't gone show? "

"Nah I'd never do that to you. "

"You ready to go... I'm driving? "

"Yup, yup! "

******************************
Kandi P. O. V.

I sat in my room working on my biology homework, that Kareem was suppose to be here helping me with he was already 30mins late. A quarter to 5 he finally arrived, I opened the door and went to go sit down. Kareem had on a pair of gray sweats, black Nike Roshe's and a black V-Neck with his dreads put in a low ponytail. He looked good but I was a little upset that he was late and not responding to any of my calls or text, ya girl was starting to worry. He sat down on my bed and lifted my head and placed a peck on my lips. He got back and returned with a bag of McDonald's, MY FAVORITE.

"Kandi, come on now." He said pleading.

"Kareem you were late...Not five minutes but forty-five minutes late Kareem forty-five freakin' minutes! I know it may seem like a little thing to you but it ain't little to me."

"Baby girl. I'm sorry." He said grabbing my hands, " For real for real I apologize. Coach had a meeting with the team and my phone was in my bag I ain't even have the chance to check my phone. Then as soon as the meeting was over I went to Mickey D's because I thought you'd be hungry. I really didn't know it was that late."

"It's cool."

"You sure"

"Yea, I can't to stay mad at your fine ass for too long!" I said opening the bag and throwing a fry at him.

"Throw another fry your going to be paying for that meal!" He said tackling me on the bed, "Now give me a kiss!"

**********************************************************************