Chapter 7 Accidental Fights and The Right Track

October came in brisk. It was beginning to get cold out and we were caught in a perpetual state of rain.

The sun hadn't come out in days and the sky seemed to be taunting us with the threat of a huge storm.

"I'm getting really tired of this," Katie complained as she wiped the water drops off of her cloak when she came back from Herbology.

"Is it storming yet?" I asked.

"I wish! At least then it would just be over with. It's drizzling which is incredibly annoying," she said.

I laughed as we made our way to the Gryffindor table for lunch. We sat with Lily and the girls and chattered away about nothing.

Suddenly the boys came running in, sitting beside us quickly. They were all out of breath and wore expressions of excitement. I knew they had just pranked someone.

"What did yo-"

I didn't need to finish my question. A group of Slytherins, including Regulus and Snape, walked into the Hall soaking wet and livid.

The boys roared with laughter at the sight of them. If looks could kill, they wouldn't have survived a second.

The Slytherins marched over, fuming.

"Decide to go for a swim Snivellus?" James asked, laughing hysterically.

"You must be pretty proud of yourself right about now," Snape spat out.

My cousin looked at the other boys with amusement. "I actually am proud, you got what you had coming."

"Oh? And what's that supposed to mean?" He hissed out.

James shrugged. "I haven't forgotten what you called Evan's last year."

Lily looked up, surprised to have been mentioned. Snape barely spared her a look before looking back to James.

"What does that have to do with the rest of us?" Regulus asked, outraged that he had been put in the middle of James and Snape's feud.

"You just happened to be in the way. I also don't appreciate the way you treated my cousin on the train."

Regulus looked at me and smirked. "Oh of course, she can't fight her own battles can she?"

Katie grabbed my arm before I could lunge at him. All of the students were paying attention now, eagerly awaiting a fight.

"Oh she can fight just fine. I just figured it would be convenient to get you all out of the way at once," James said casually.

I was still struggling against Katie's hold, ready to fight the little twat. He looked at me and smirked, clearly enjoying my reaction.

I reached for my wand but it was snatched out of my reach by Sirius. I shot a glare at him but he stared right at his brother, his eyes full of pity.

"Let me go," I said calmly to Katie.

"Are you going to attack him?" She asked.

I shook my head. As soon as her hands left my arms I lunged and slapped Regulus across the face.

He looked shocked as he put his hand to the mark I left. The school went silent, waiting anxiously for what I was going to say.

"The next time you want to fight, remember how your face feels," I spat.

He scowled before stalking off, his gang followed him. The school burst into chatter, discussing the scene they had just witnessed.

"Miss Potter!" Professor McGonagall yelled, rushing over.