100||epilogue

sad ending epilogue

His boyfriends limp body was gently pulled out of his arms.

Luke cried.

He knew working himself up did nothing but harm him and his little baby. His poor little angel.

Now, not only was his heart aching for the loss of his boyfriend but it also ached for his baby. His baby who will grow up with only one father. Who will never have the chance to meet his wonderful caring father. Luke cried and cried, there were so many things he didn't know and wouldn't be able to teach his baby because only Calum knew and could.

"I'm sorry sir" a gentle voice was heard. A soft hand on his shoulder was felt. He turned to the woman. It was an officer. "I'm sorry but you don't fit in the back of the ambulance. There's too many emergency medics." Luke just stared, tears streaming down his face. "If you like we can give you a ride to the hospital."

Luke didn't understand why they were rushing his love to the hospital. He took his last breathe in Luke's arms. Was it really necessary? He nodded nonetheless.

He was helped up from the ground and into the car.

He rubbed his belly and whispered soft reassuring words to his little angel. Maybe he was trying to convince himself they'd be okay but either way he wasn't so sure.

~

Luke was torn. He shut everything around him off for the length of a car ride and the 3 hours he waited in a surprisingly empty hospital waiting room. 3 hours he waited to hear the name Calum Hood be mentioned by anyone.

"I'm guessing you're here for a mister Calum Hood?"

Luke just nodded at the doctor.

"Hello. I'm Ren, surgeon here at the hospital. I wanted to come out here personally and inform you that Calum is okay."

Luke stood there in shock. He was expecting a "I'm sorry for your loss" but what he heard was better.

"But I held him when he took his last breathe. This-I can't believe it, this is amazing but how?"

His words were jumbled and rushed. His tears of sadness turned into tears of joy.

"Calum still had a pulse when the paramedics arrived. It was faint but it was still there and his breathes were so small. He would of been mistaken for dead to anyone if not properly making sure. He passed out from both blood loss and the pain he was in. Luckily, they brought him in on time for me to operate and stitch him up."

It was so much for Luke to take in in that moment so he said nothing. He just stared at the surgeon. More tears sliding down his face and his lips formed into a small smile. He didn't lose his love. He was hurt but alive.

"He's okay, Luke. He woke up right before I came down here and he's been asking for you."

Luke hugged Ren and he hugged back. This man saved Calum's life. This man. He couldn't have been more thankful for him.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now let's get you to Calum."

With that they made their way to the elevator. Up to floor 5. Down the hall and into room 163.

"Go get em' buddy."

Luke walked in and immediately set his eyes on Calum. The tanned boy who was sat up on the hospital bed, his eyes crinkled while he laughed softly at something on the tv. He was beautiful even in an ugly hospital gown. Luke ran to him. The few couple steps but he ran. He hugged him careful not to hurt his wound.

"Baby, it's okay. I'm okay."

"I won't be leaving you or our baby anytime soon."

Luke just cried in the arms of his lover.

Everything was going to be okay.

~~~~~~~

*4 years later*

"Ryder, get off of your sister! Harley, give him back his Spider-Man!"

"But poppa, this ones mine."

"No it's not. It's mine"

Luke loved his four year old twins but they were quite the handful. He gave up and let them settled their differences on their own.

Strong arms wrapped around his waist as soft lips were placed on his neck.

Calum.

He turned himself not breaking Calum's hold on him. He faced his lover. His hands going up to caress his cheeks, note that they were still so squishy. They smiled at each other before leaning in for a kiss.

They broke off after hearing a couple of ew's coming from their kids, who now by the way, both had their own Spider-Man plush toy in their hands.

They men chuckled at their kids and leaned in for quick kiss.

Four, nearly five, years and they still manages to make each other get all flustered like they did in the first month of their relationship. Luke loved this. Calum loved this. They're life was perfect in their eyes. They had their own nice home. They had each other. They had beautiful twins. They were stable and happy and nothing could ruin that.

Fin.
~~~~~~~~~

a//n: and it is done. i couldn't kill off calum. i just couldn't. i really hope you guys enjoyed this.

i might do a short story on what happened in Luke and Calum's lives in the span of those four years and stuff like that. if i decide on doing it, i'll post about it on this story, so keep an eye out for that.

thank you so much for reading this. i love you guys so much.

-Jess