foreword

════════════════════

F R A G M E N T E D

════════════════════

Q U O T E

The strongest hearts 

have the most scars. ❞

—Jeff Hood

════════════════════

N O T E

     Fragmented is a collection of poems meant for the broken souls, for the wanderers, for the ones who always chase time and for the ones who lost their way home.

     My poetry wouldn't be an easy read. It would be those kind of poems which you would yearn to read almost every 2 am, when paranoia and sleep deprivation consume every exhaustion left on your body. The kind of poem which would be your constant dependence to forget your heartaches — like the alcohol you drown yourself into, the cigarette smoke you exhale whenever you look up into oblivion or the medicines you take whenever pain devour your soul. My poetry would be that kind of dependence, the one you read to alleviate yourself from your own agony.

     I used to tell myself, drink to remember and then smoke to forget. Alcohol and cigarettes became my constant companion on my darkest eras. For some fucked up reason, I needed them to ease any remembrance of my heartbreaks — all of it — even the good ones. Maybe, at some point in your life, you also found yourself you needed them. But, who are we fooling here, really? No matter what you do, the ache stays. It's there to stay, for a while. It's core existence tear you up until your blood leaves from its veins.

     Well, I have always thought that being in love is such an ironic feeling. Isn't it strange that, love is the source of unexplainable beauty in our lives, yet also the cause of such tremendous heartaches?

     Hopefully, you would enjoy reading Fragmented as much as I enjoyed putting all its words together. Writing poems became my own therapeutic way of getting over a situation. I know you found this book either by accident or on purpose, but by all means, I wish my words will work its magic, somehow fix you, guide you home, ignite your bones or just make you realize that you are your own stars and galaxies — you are cosmos.

     In your own time, you will also find your little fragments of healing and you would be ready to be found again, just like a lost boy or girl.

═══════════════════

A D D R E S S

This goes for the people who've met someone, that someone you could not forget, as much as you want to. Let's just all be reminded that the coast never forgets the ocean waves.

════════════════════

P L A Y L I S T

Real Love - Tom Odell
Heart Out - The 1975
Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood
Say Something - A Great Big World
Heart Like Yours - Willamette Stone
Sense - Tom Odell
High Hopes - Kodaline
Heal - Tom Odell
Is There Somewhere - Halsey
Dark Paradise - Lana del Rey
Stone Cold - Demi Lovato
Lost Boy - Troye Sivan
Let It Go - James Bay
Suburbia - Troye Sivan
Robbers - The 1975
Youth - Troye Sivan
Fools - Troye Sivan
When We Were Young - Adele
Wrong Crowd - Tom Odell
I Will Love You - Gin Wigmore
Rivers and Roads - The Head and The Heart
Waiting Games - Parson James
Like I'm Gonna Lose You - Jasmine Thompson
Benediction - Luke Sital-Singh

Playlist: Drink to Remember, Smoke To Forget
(To be posted on 8tracks)

════════════════════

S T A T U S

Start: April 18, 2014
End: To be announced

════════════════════