Guard Dog

Niall:

"Mate your phone!" called Liam. It was on the counter and buzzing out of control which meant someone was calling. I pushed Harry's legs off of me and he pouted but went back to looking at the TV. Liam was making breakfast for us and it smelled really good.

"When is that going to be done?" i asked as i picked up my phone.

"You asked that two minutes ago." said Liam with a roll of his eyes. I laughed and looked at the screen. It was Sarah. Sarah?... I answered.

"Sarah?" i said turning around and looking at everyone confused. Harry muted the TV and suddenly everyone was starring at me.

"Niall!" she chocked out. It sounded like she had been crying.

"What's going on what's wrong?" i asked worried now. There was a bunch of shouting and screaming in the back round. "Sarah!" i shouted when she didn't answer.

"Can you... Can you.." there was a scream and other people shouting. "Come here." she finally said.

"Where? I'll come get you?" she was starting to cry. "Sarah." i said feeling like i was about to cry myself.

"Chesterfield... High school." she finally said. There was a scream and it sounded like the phone fell and then it went dead.

"Niall what's wrong?" Eleanor asked concerned. I hadn't realized i was shaking.

"I.. I have to go." i grabbed a set of car key's and my jacket off the back of the sofa.

"Niall!" Zayn called after me but i wasn't listening. I was in the car when they all came running outside. I put it in reverse. They were calling my name but all i could hear was Sarah's voice ringing in my ears. I straightened out and gunned it.

I got directions from my GPS. i was also speeding. How i didn't get caught i will never know. When i pulled up to the school. It was a mess. Kids were milling around outside shouting things. I cursed and looked in the back seat. There was a hat thank the lord and a stack of Liam's books. Wait did i take Liam's car. I'll have to apologize later. I grabbed the hat and put on my extra pair of sunglasses i had. Sarah had taken mine. Then i grabbed the books. Maybe i could pass as a student. I got out of the car and tried not to draw attention to myself. Everyone seemed preoccupied. I heard my name come up in conversation and every time i would turn and look but nobody was looking at me. I quickly made it to the front doors and opened them.

There was nobody in the hallway. Maybe i should be looking for Sarah out in the mosh pit. I heard footsteps. An adult was walking my way. "You shouldn't be in here." he said sternly crossing my arms. He was wearing a business suit and he was balding. Sort of overweight too. His name tag read Principal Higgins. I peeled off my hat and sunglasses.

"I'm here for Sarah Collins." i said. He blinked in surprise.

"Excuse me. I didn't know." he said nervously. I shrugged putting the hat back on. "Right this way." he said briskly walking down the hall. "She uh. Well it wasn't her fault. But she caused quite a stir." he said slowly. He looked back at me waiting for a reply and judging my expression. He continued "Sarah's a great girl. I've known her parents for years. She's had to deal with this sort of thing when Victoria got into acting, but i don't think she was prepared for well.. You." i nodded. I wasn't paying attention. I wanted to see Sarah. "In here." he said opening the door to an office.

I saw Sarah first. Sitting in a chair staring at her hands silent tears running down her cheeks. It was Alison, i believe her name was, who i noticed next. She jumped up when the door opened. Looking ready to fight off an army. She calmed down when she saw me and shook Sarah's shoulders. She looked up. That's when i noticed it. Her clothes looked like they'd been torn apart and her right cheek was red as if someone had slapped her. There were some small cuts on her arms along with scratch marks. She flung herself at me. I hugged her tightly. She breathed in deeply and her voice caught like she as trying not to cry again.