To Stories

"(Y/n)!" I look at her from her spot next to me. Her hair falling over her shoulder as she quickly turned around to the elderly woman in the doorway.

"Yes ma'am?" Her eyes were wide as if trying to hide something from the woman. I turned to the elderly woman myself only to find her glancing between the two of us.

She took in a breath. "It getting pretty late. Do you think you should be traveling with such a young girl on a train?" I notice she had a loving smile on her face. "Something could happen. Not to mention, you're just a baby you're self." Toward the end of her statement, her tone was gaining in concern. At least that's what I think. I'm not good with social interaction.

I stood and stepped down the stairs to show my respect. I was sitting relatively close to her grandchild after all. "I appreciate your concern, ma'am, but I must say, I've enough magic to keep Wendy, myself, and whom ever is riding safe from harm." I show her a smile. Not that I wasnt used to riding trains late at night, but I was a bit worried myself for Wendy. It was late and I didn't quite like the idea of her falling sleeping on a train. "We might just find an inn somewhere in town."

The elderly woman and (Y/n) shared a laugh. "Well, this is an inn Gray." I looked down at her. Her eyes sparkled and her smile was breath taking, though I kept my emotions tamed. "We have extra rooms. You both can stay here!" (Y/n) stood. Her white dress flowing a bit before falling into place.

"Its not that far." Wendy came from the darkness, hands and arms dirty and her eyes showed slight disappointment.

I jumped a little as (Y/n) walked down the stairs. I noticed the slight smile on her face as she made her way to Wendy. "You did great today, you know." She placed her hand delicately on Wendy's shoulder. They exchanged a few words before her grandmother was waving us inside.

The house was narrow. The floor was wood, and the stairs were to the left of the front door. "(Y/n). Show this young man to his room." She nodded before looking back at me, then she soundlessly made her way up the stairs. I notice her bare feet. All honesty, I don't like feet. I think they're weird but hers didn't bother me. I watched them hit the steps one by one before I realized we had made it to a dark hallway. It looked much bigger then the entrance way just below us.

"This is your room." I turn around to see her silhouette in a door way just past the stairs railing. I made my way to her, my eyes tracing her outline. "I hope you like it.. You have your own bathroom." I had not noticed how close I was to her until her hand slapped my chest in an attempt to point out that said bathroom. Her face grew in color as she rambled an apology.

I smiled as her words finally faded out, she fixed her gaze to the wood floor. "I hope you sleep well, Gray." (Y/n) tried moving around me but I grab her shoulder.

"Sleep?" When her eyes met mind, I laughed. Not loudly, just enough to hear. "No no. I want to talk to you." She let out a small 'err' as I pulled her into the bedroom. I notice the bed was next to the window in the right corner. A dresser is to my right, the walls are white. I walk over the bed and lay to were my legs hung over the side. I look at (Y/n). She fiddled with her thumbs, her hair falling in front of her reddened face. "Do you want to close the door?"

She jumped. "Oh! I apologise." She turned around to shut the door, only she didn't turn back around.

"Sit next to me." I patted the bed next to me, my smile widened when she made her way to a spot next to me. I take in a breath. "Now. Tell me about the wonderful person that is (Y/n)."
She eventually did lay next to me and when she did, I took in her profile. She told me everything from watching Ur take me to wondering Fiore. For the first time in years, I did not think about the sun or sea. I did not think about the stars. Only (Y/n).

xXTo Be ContinuedXx

 Frozen Groundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें