f i v e

lost stars | jjk

lost stars | jjk

« kim minjoo »

I pushed the door open, allowing a gust of wind to swallow my form whole. The heels of my shoes padded against the concrete tiles as I stepped away from the staircase that led me up to the roof, closing the door discretely.

My eyes roamed the deserted floor, catching glimpses of distant buildings glistening with neon lights. The view from the fourth floor bloomed like a spurt of light. Though not a surprise, this was Seoul after all—the city that never sleeps.

Jungkook's figure stood near the corner of the left wing, elbows resting upon the thick railings as his arms hung limply over the edge. His hair brushed against his exposed forehead, courtesy of the evening breeze, earning a few head flicks to push it away from his eyes.

I approached quietly and stopped a metre away, dropping my hands onto the chilly metal bars.

Jungkook's eyes remained transfixed on the city below us.

"Two."

I blinked, "What?"

"Mr Song and the man who chased you." He said, "They both had two lines."

Oh.

The tally marks.

"You actually notice those things?"

"Don't you?" He responded.

"I can't really do that while trying to run for my life," I laughed lightly, "Plus, I don't really care about them, to be honest."

Jungkook turned his head, eyebrows arched a fraction in surprise.

"A person's love shouldn't be judged and defined by the colour and amount of lines on their wrist," I mumbled, "it's unfair how we can't help but have our private feelings visible to the rest of the world."

I stared at my left wrist, hidden under the sleeve of my jersey.

"How many do you have?"

I smirked, "None."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed, obviously not believing me.

"I'm not lying," I pulled my sleeve up, exposing the unmarked skin below, "See?"

Jungkook leaned closer, grabbing hold of my wrist and pulling it closer to his face. His cold hands rubbed on the pale underside gently, trying to scrape off the non-existent concealer coating the surface of my skin.

I watched, awkwardly amused.

"Well, how about you? How many do you have?"

His movements reached a gradual stop. He let go of my arm, returning it to its previous position against the cold railing as his usual blank stare regained its place on his face.

He faced the city lights, "More than enough."

Um.

"So, like... around what? Two? Three?"

He shrugged.

"Four? Five?"

He cast me an exasperated glance.

"Six?"

"If you keep going, I will actually leave you out here and lock the door so you can't get back down."

I pursed my lips, registering the slight irritation swimming in his gaze. But the nagging curiosity in me refused to be defeated by a mere half-assed glare. I continued by waving seven fingers in front of him, which earned a scoff from the disgruntled boy.

He sighed, rolling his eyes and straightened up, placing his weight on one leg as he turned to face me fully. His eyes burned into mine, the strength behind his stare causing a flurry of tingles to climb up from my stomach.

"Why do you want to know so badly?"

I pushed back a gulp as his attention on me grew stronger, the subtle leans closer increasing the pricks of nervousness dancing across the fine hairs of my arm.

"W-well, I thought we were exchanging information. Exchanging doesn't really work when one side doesn't abide to the rules."

My face felt too warm for my liking, and I hoped the dark night hid it from Jungkook's sight.

"I didn't force it out of you, you told me willingly."

This time it was my turn to sigh, in an attempt to look collected behind my probably beet-red face.

"Whatever, it must be a sensitive topic for you." I waved him away coolly, although my insides were a frenzying mess of butterflies, and broke eye-contact, meeting the view of the faraway city, "But it'll be interesting to know how many people the great Jeon Jungkook had fallen in love with before."

He scoffed glumly, "I'm not as great as everyone thinks."

My eyebrows furrowed at the sullen statement.

I struggled to find a reply.

"Um—"

"But I'm still pretty good. Better than most people." His smirk beamed across his cheeks, finally adding a hint of emotion to his constantly blank expression.

Okay, that seemed a bit more normal. He was rather cocky in class, you could say. Especially when it came to his grades. But the fact that his friends gave him the nickname 'Golden Maknae' probably enhanced his ego a bit more than it should have.

"So," My fingers drummed rhythmically on the metal pole, "eight?"

He groaned.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop." I laughed, flashing a grin.

It was kinda entertaining, watching him deal with my annoying questions.

I still wanted to know how many though.

He probably has had crushes before. But I barely see him hanging around girls. Maybe he does, since some of his friends were notorious for having a new girlfriend every week. But did he even have the time? Considering how long he spends studying?

Oh, maybe he had history with Eunkyung.

Damn, forgot about that. Oh shit, maybe he got dumped and—

"Fine."

I blinked, tearing myself away from my internal thoughts, "Eh?"

Jungkook deadpanned, "I'll show you."

My lips parted in a notion of fake awe at his sudden change of heart, "Really?"

I wonder what made him change his mind.

"But on one condition." He smiled, mischief evident in the tone of his reply.

"Which is?"

His smile broadened at the uncertainty coating each syllable leaving my mouth.

"You have to fall in love first."

+ end +  

hi im not dead

but i have too much school work so maybe i am lol

o fuck lost stars is so close to 1k votes thank you guys so much im yelling omfg