Chapter 1//Anniversary

*Chloe's outfit to the party, car and hair after the hairdressers*

Chloe's POV

"Happy 3 years anniversary!" I whisper in Sam's ear. He is still half asleep in bed. Nothing has changed in 3 years. Sam is still lazy and I am still a morning person. We still don't have any children because both of us are very busy but it's starting to bother me because how long can I wait, I know I'm only 24 but I want to have children before I turn 30.

"3 years with my beautiful wife! I cannot believe it. I love you so much!" He says and I peck his cheek before I stand up from the bed and put on some leggings and a white crop top. Sam and I stopped giving each other anniversary gifts last year because he doesn't see the point in it and I kind of agree.

"Tonight is the premiere of 'Me Before You'! We have to be at the red carpet at 18:10." Sam says and I sigh. 

"Great!" I whisper sarcastically only loud enough for myself to hear. Sam glances at me but I ignore it and brush it off.

"I was really hoping that we would spend our anniversary together instead of going to another one of your premieres." I say with a huff and Sam just laughs at me but it's not a good laugh. It sounds unhappy maybe even evil.

"It's a premiere to my movie and I have to  be there. Sorry for marrying you on the wrong day! You know, maybe it's better if you stay home tonight and I'll go by myself because I really don't think that you are happy for me!" He yells and storms out of the house leaving me speechless that he just un-invited me to the premiere. I decide to call Jenn and see if she wants to do something tonight since she wasn't planning on going to the premiere either.

Phone Conversation

Chloe-"Hi Jenn! How are you?"

Jenn-"Hey Chloe! I'm good, a bit bored but good. How are you?"

Chloe-"Well, Sam and I just had another argument and he un-invited me to the premiere so I've been better. Do you want to do something tonight like go to a party or a club?"

Jenn-"Awh babe, don't worry about Sam. There's a party at the beach tonight with some amazing singers like Shawn Mendes, Eminem, Troye Sivan, TOP, Fall out boy and Taylor Swift taking part in it so do you want to go?"

Chloe-"OMG of course I want to go! Can't wait, I'll pick you up at 6?"

Jenn-"The party starts at 8."

Chloe-"I'll still go to yours at 6 and we can get ready together!"

Jenn-"I'll have everything ready! See you at 6!"

Chloe-"Bye!"

Phone Conversation Over

I decide to go over to the hair dressers and do something new with my hair so I throw on some leggings and a t-shirt. I pack my bag and I pack my outfits for tonight, make up, and other stuff. I throw it in my car and drive to the hair dressers. I walk in and walk up to the reception desk. 

"Hi, is Leslie in today?" I ask one of the girls who work there.

"Yes, she's free at the moment. I'll call her over." She answers and a few seconds later I see Leslie with her purple curls appear.

"Hi Chloe, what can I do for you?" She asks with a smile plastered on her face.

"I want something new, something wow, surprise me!" I say and she gets a magazine. She shows me one of the pages and I agree to get that done.

3 hours later...

Once I'm done, I pay and thank Leslie and drive over to Jenn's house. I check out my new hairstyle one more time and start driving. Leslie dyed my hair to a ombre blue/silver-ish colour and I love it!

I knock on Jenn's door and then she finally answers.

"Omg! You. Look. Amazing. I love the blue hair girl! Come on in!" She says and I walk in. We run up to her room and start getting ready. I put on my white dress and red high heels and we do our make-up. Once we are done, we get into my car and drive to the beach. When we get there it's already packed with people so Jenn goes to dance and I go to get a drink.

"Can I get one Pina Colada please?" I ask.

"OMG! You are Chloe Claflin!" The girl mixing the cocktails screams.

"Yes, I am. Now can I please get my cocktail?" I ask again, getting a bit annoyed.

"Yes, sorry!" She makes my cocktail and I pay for it and go to sit down on a bench further away from the loud music. I feel someone sit beside me.

"Never thought that I'll be sitting beside the Chloe Claflin, the one who was voted the most sexiest model of the year." The person beside me says, I turn to face him and I realize that it's Shawn Mendes!

"Never thought that I'll be getting compliments, talking to and sitting beside Shawn Mendes. My favourite singer. I must be lucky!" I say with a smile and he smiles back.

"You look even better in real life. Can I ask you something?" He asks

"You just did."

"Can I ask you something else then?" He laughs.

"You just did again. Ok, ask me another question." I say with a laugh.

"Why did you get married? I don't mean to sound rude or anything but you are still so young and you should be enjoying your life not be a full time wife." 

I stare at him for a moment and he stares back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset." He starts off but I stop him.

"No! You are totally correct, you just made me realize how correct you are. I mean, you are 25 and you are still single, enjoying your life. I wish I could turn back time and be single." I say and sigh. Shawn looks shocked but then sighs as well.

"Not happy with your marriage?" He asks and Jenn runs up to me looking shocked/stressed and sad.

"Chloe? Can I please speak to you?" Jenn asks.

"I'll wait for you here!" Shawn yells after me as I walk closer to the beach with Jenn. She shows me her phone without saying anything. It's a picture with Sam kissing another girl and then walking into a hotel room. I hand Jenn back her phone and she hugs me.

"This was taken 10 minutes ago. What will you do now?" She asks. Tears are rolling down my cheeks and I quickly wipe them.

"Is it public?" I ask and Jenn nods.

"Well then I need to find a divorce lawyer." I say and Jenn looks shocked and scared.

Author's Note

Long and confusing first chapter but I promise things will become clear in a couple of chapters. I know that Shawn Mendes is only 17 but lets just pretend that he is 25 in this story because he will be a big part in this story! 

Hope you enjoyed it!