Chapter 10//Dark death

Chloe's POV
As I'm driving home I turn on the radio and mentally groan when the news start. I don't pay attention until I hear shocking news.
"Young actor Sam Claflin was in a serious car crash after an argument with his ex wife Chloe Claflin. He was spotted in Chloe's car and after their argument he drove off going over the speed limit. The doctors are fighting for his life at the Central Elizabeth's hospital."
I quickly make a 'U-turn' and drive to the hospital. I park and sprint inside.
"What room is Sam in?!" I ask the receptionist.
"You mean Mr Claflin? I'm sorry miss but he died." She says and just like that my world crumbles. I walk back to my car and break down inside of it.
I know we were divorced but I still very much loved and cared about him. This is all my fault. I was the cause of his death.
1 week later....
I've been staying in bed for a whole week. I haven't eaten anything or answered any of my calls. As I'm thinking about Sam my phone starts ringing and I recognise the number as police. I answer it.
Police-Hello Ms Claflin. I'm sorry to disturb you during this sad time but we found something in Sam's car that we are guessing is for you. Our people will deliver it to you soon. Once again we are sorry for your loss.
Chloe-Thank you.

I say and hang up and at that moment there's a knock on my door. I go to open it and 2 police men stand at the door. They give me a small red box and a black envelope. Without saying anything they walk off and I close my door. I rip open the envelope and a letter falls out. I pick it up and start reading it.
Dear Chloe,
There's good in all of us. I failed to show you my love for you. Whenever I talk, whenever I laugh, whenever I utter a noise I realise how annoying and stupid I am. I tell myself to stop talking, to stop laughing, to stop making any noises. I told myself to stop breathing because...its best for everyone. Everytime I done something to hurt you I thought, if this is how my life is going to be...I don't want it. I want you to be happy no matter what. Don't be surprised when you wake up and I've stopped breathing. I did this for you.
I love you darling. You've helped me so much.
Sam xx
I open the little box and see the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Sam xxI open the little box and see the most beautiful thing I've ever seen