Chapter 4 - Moments

Ian opened his eyes widley. "You would actually call her? What... What would you say?"

"I don't know." I truly had no clue what I would tell Kalel. But I knew that I it was the right thing to do, wasn't it? I mean, she has to know something like this!

I took my phone out of my pocket and pressed the 3-Button a few seconds. It was calling Kalel now.

"Wait... What are you doing?" Ian shouted. "Are you totally crazy?"

I ignored him and pressed on the button for the loadspeaker, so that Ian could here what Kalel said.

After about 10 seconds, Kalel answered the phone. "Hey honey!"

Suddenly, I was very nervous. "Hey! How is it going?"

We talked about her flight to Germany and what she was going to do this week, how the weather is and what I did the last two days. During the whole smalltalk Ian didn't say a word, but he stared at me the whole time, and his expression looked angry and frightned the same time.

Finally she finished talking about the delay of her flight, and it was my chance to talk about Ian and me.

"Kalel, there is something I have to tell you. Ian and I..." I began.

Then, all of the sudden, my friend stood up and left the living room, shutting his bedroom door loudly. And this was the moment I realised that I couldn't and shouldn't tell anybody about myself and Ian. So many people would be hurt, confused or angry. And some would be sad. So why should I do it, then?

"Yeah, what is it, Anthony?" I heard Kalel asking.

"I sleep here in the Smosh house this week." I finished my sentence. "our neighbors said they could feed Buki and Pip." I really hoped that my fiancée believed that this was what I wanted to say.

"Oh okay. That’s fine for me, as long as you visit our babies sometimes, so that they are not so alone, okay?" I sighed of relief. "I will! Promise! I wouldn't make a week without seeing the cats!"

"So, I have to hang up now! I have to go to the evening show soon. I will call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Ha, freaking timezones! Okay, hear from you then, honey." I hung up and put my phone back into my pocket. How could I even think of telling her that I am in love with another person? Especially if this someone is Ian! Yes, maybe it would have been the right thing to do, but I was scared. I didn't want my friends to feel hurt.

I decided to tell Ian about what happened right away, since he was obviously very mad at me. I stood up and walked to his door. I knocked a few times, but didn't get an answer.

I tried to open the door, and thanks god - it wasn't locked. I entered the room. Ian was sitting on his desk, and shut a book he was writing in when he heard me coming in. He turned around and looked at me.