CHAPTER SIX: Betrayal

Alongside the crew of the Ghost, Lux crept down the alleyways leading towards the rendezvous with Minister Tua. Every now and then, he hit the button on his comlink, sending a request for a status report to his operative staying with his old BTL Y-wing starfighter from during the Clone Wars out on the plains.

Thus far, he had received nothing but the all-clear signal, but that didn't mean he worried any less. Especially with what Ezra had said about feeling 'cold' as they had come out of hyperspace over Lothal. That was never a good sign.

"Hmph. We'll need a distraction," Hera said, looking out at the guards separating them from their destination from behind his shoulder.

Lux's grey eyes met hers, and with a nod, the three of them went back to where the others were standing. He opened his mouth to propose a plan, but Kanan beat him to the punch with a completely different one.

"Well, I'm gonna go make a few friends. When Tua arrives, I'll keep them busy while you all drop into the hangar from above."

"Make a few friends?" Hera repeated, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

He smiled. "It'll be fun!"

"Fun?" she echoed.

"Don't worry, General Hera," he said with a mocking salute and clapping her on the shoulder, "just be ready to move."

Lux then watched, incredulous, as Kanan ran up to one of the Storm Troopers on duty and began chatting with him as if under some drunken illusion that they were old friends from the Imperial Academy.

And consecutively knocked him out and dragged him off around a nearby corner. When he reemerged, he was wearing the man's armor.

Lux gaped, wide-eyed. "Of all the things..."

Sabine turned towards Hera, grinning. "Kanan's gone bucket-head!"

The green-skinned Twi'lek woman shook her head and crossed her arms. "I don't believe it."

"Hey, I'm kind of jealous," Ezra said. "I only have the helmet!"

And so, Lux and the three crewmembers climbed up onto the rooftop to wait, in apprehensive silence, for Kanan's signal. The sudden arrival of Agent Kallus of the ISB didn't help matters much.

Kanan wasn't going to be able to cause a distraction that would suit their needs anymore – there was just too much security. Lux realized that just as Sabine drew her blasters and vaulted herself off the roof and onto the ground below, firing round after round at the Storm Troopers guarding the shuttle.

He chuckled. Leave it to a Mando to make a pretty laser show, he thought.

Then, he jumped down after Ezra and Hera, using the Force to guide his fall just a tiny bit to the right so that he landed on top of a pile of crates. Then, he pulled up a scarf around the lower half of his face (it wouldn't do at all to have his features plastered all over the Imperial wanted list) and threw himself down at Agent Kallus.

The ISB agent was sent flying backwards. But even as he lay winded on the ground, his aim was still good enough to force Lux back behind the crates.

"Minister, get to the shuttle!" Ezra ordered the frightened woman cowering beside him. "We'll be right behind you."

"Right," she said shakily, her reaction to his words slightly delayed. Of course, she carried no weapon that she could defend herself with or use to help them out. Lux highly doubted that she had even been in a real combat situation before.