Chapter Two| Luke?

Luke's POV

Kaitlyn was right in front of me. The look of hurt in her eyes made me feel like a complete idiot, I guess I am.
I don't want to face her. She'd think I'm so pathetic.
I ran out of the classroom and into the hall. I didn't know where I was going, so I just ran. I ran out of the school and down the road, I ran through the forest trail and to the old fishing dock on the pond hardly anyone knows about.
I just kept running, I guess I was scared.

I never forgot about KitKat, I thought about her almost every day actually. I was going to write to her but I knew she'd get angry and never want to talk to me again.
The memories of us at thirteen in the forest down the back of our houses, in the huts we'd built and the marshmallows we toasted, those were all just memories now. Memories I thought I'd forget over time, but I didn't. I could never forget KitKat.

I sat on the end of the old pond dock and looked out at the water which was calm only a few ripples every so often. My phone rang, I knew it'd be the boys, I just ignored their calls and their texts.

Calum: Dude wtf happened? R u okay?

Ashton: Where'd you go?

Michael: you're confusing

Mum: Luke I got a call from the school, where are you? I need to know where you are! You are so grounded Luke Hemmings

Dad: I got a call from your mum, what are you doing you idiot, where did you go?

I pulled my knees up to my chest and sighed.

I saw KitKat. I saw my KitKat.

"Luke?" I heard a familiar voice say. "Luke everyone's worried"

"How'd you know I'd be here?" I questioned.

"This is your escape" Calum laughed slightly as he sat down beside me. "So are you going to tell me what happened?"

"That girl" I sighed still pulling my legs tight up against my chest. "That's Kaitlyn, the girl I told you about"

"Oh"

"Yeah, th-that was KitKat" I stuttered.

"Oh right"

"I don't know what to do"