Bringing him back

With the problems set aside for later, I tried to focus on my school assignments. I needed to finish them by tonight so I can join my friends to the beach tomorrow. It's been a long time since I went to the beach. Every once a month my friends would swim in some beach but ever since my dad died, I've missed out on a lot of them. I've become busy trying to impress my mom with my grades. I've been busy trying to convince her that we should visit my grandparents even just for a couple of hours. All my life, I've been trying to beg her, convince her, impress her, and do what she ask me to do.

Even if we had a fight, I still need to do good in school and be the daughter she wants me to be in front of everyone. Sooner or later, I would have to face her like what Jai told me. But now, I realized that my world can't always revolve around her. I need to have fun and lay back sometimes. Besides, she will not be home until next month or so.

The ART cousins are going, as well as their other gang members. I still couldn't believe Jai regained his spot as gang leader. I wondered what he had to do in able to take it from Daniel. Actually, I don't even know how this gang thing works. All I know is that they wear matching clothes, mostly leather jackets. They walk together like they are a pack of wolves, I guess. The gang leader is always walking in front, leading them.

Rumors say, that they beat up some people. Rumors say that they even kill and bury the body behind the school building, where the field is at. But then, these were just rumors. I don't believe in them.

"The Arts are here!" Ally chimed. The girls and I turn to the boys walking towards us as we lay on the sand under a huge umbrella.

I thought gang leaders were supposed to be in front, leading the pack. Jai was no where to be found. I thought he didn't come. "Where is Jacob?" Sammy asked for me.

"He doesn't like beaches." Daniel informs us. "He's still at the parking lot." He looks at me then I got up as I start to walk to the parking lot.

What is wrong with him? Did he have amnesia or something?

"Now I find out Jai Art doesn't like beaches." I state as I see him sitting on the hood of someone's car. "You grew up to beaches, Jai. What happened?"

"I don't like it when the sands get into my shoes and socks." He reasoned.

"Jai, you're in beach. What did you expect -an ice rink?" I laughed. "If you don't like the sands in your shoes, then take them off. You walk barefoot on the sandy beach." I informed him. He thought about it and then did so.

I chuckled before leaving as he was still trying to get his shoes and socks off. Clearly, he forgot how he used to live here.

"My feet feels good in the sands." He tells me when he catches up to me.

"That's the point, Jai." I mumbled. We walked to the others. Some of the boys were already in the waters. Sammy and Daniel were talking while the girls were just lying down.

"Finally." Daniel said as soon as we came.

"Now, don't tell me you don't swim, too, Jacob?" Sammy asked as she looked up to him. I could tell that she was suppressing a laugh.

"He's afraid of the water." Daniel adds. Oh my god. There is something wrong with this boy. Now I wonder what I see in him.

"You've got to be kidding, right? Jai, you used to be one of the fastest swimmer in your gang." I told him. "You even won that summer swimming contest." I tried to refresh his memories.

"Ever since the incident, he's been afraid of the water." Daniel informs us then Samson butts in to the conversation as he sat up.

"He's become a wimp."