~Chapter 4~

“That little stunt you pulled yesterday almost got my daughter in serious trouble! What the hell were you thinking, pulling her out of the crowd like that? She was obviously perfectly content with the cameras and her wonderful date!” Currently I was stuck in my dad’s office with my dad, Derek, Francis, and Mike.

            I came in here expecting my dad to yell at Francis for being such a dickhead, but instead he was yelling at Mike for helping me. Something about this wasn’t right, but I didn’t know how to fix it.

            “Look, she looked really uncomfortable so I just helped her. I’m sorry if I got the wrong impression,” Mike explained, holding his hands up in surrender.

            “You are not the one who can predict how my daughter is feeling! I know her well, and Derek is a very trusted colleague and I knew he was making the right decision when he picked Francis,” my dad scolded. His face was turning purple with anger and his voice was louder than I’ve ever heard in my life. “You just about ruined this for your band mates company, and mine. If Francis hadn’t saved your ass by creating a reasonable lie, you and all of your friends would be right on the plane back to California.”

            “Ok, I’m sorry. It won’t happen again,” Mike said. It didn’t sound genuine, but my father was too thick-skulled to see it through.

            We were all excused from his office and I immediately confronted Derek.

            “Why did you do this, Derek? It’s practically all your fault,” I murmured to him as we walked back to his desk.

            “I didn’t know it would escalate to this, and I didn’t see you saving anyone’s ass back there either,” Derek said back, sitting in his chair and turning to me. “Do you like this Mike dude? Is that why you’re telling me everything is my fault?”

            “No,” I said, sheepishly. I couldn’t like him. He was far from my type and his skin was pasty and disgusting. There was no way in Hell I would ever like a guy like that. It was impossible.

            “You’re blushing! Honey, I’m gay. I know a crush when I see one. It may take you a while to admit it because he is damn ugly, but it’s coming,” Derek teased.

            “Derek, can you please just, not?” I groaned and raked my frail fingers through my hair, suddenly feeling the stress of what just happened to Mike. “Oh my god, what is happening to me? I feel almost... sympathetic.” I cringed at the word.

            Derek laughed. “Honey, that’s a little thing called love."

            “Do not call me honey. And this conversation is over,” I said, sternly. I turned away from him and made my way upstairs to the roof. I needed a stress-reliever because God knows I’ve been under way too much stress these last few days.

            When I got onto the roof I was seriously contemplating leaving when I saw Mike standing there, looking over the railing. The thing that stopped me was his dark chocolate orbs staring into mine when he turned around.

            I took a deep breath and made my way over to him, taking my cigarettes out of my purse and lighting one, feeling the sudden sense of relief once I took a deep breath in.

            It was a good two minutes before either of us said a word. “It’s a nice day today,” Mike said awkwardly, keeping his eyes on a building across the street.

            I nodded, but I couldn’t help but feel this nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, no matter how many deep breaths in I took. “Mike, I am so sorry,” I suddenly blurted out as fast as I could.

            He breathed smoke into the air and turned to me, leaning his side on the railing. “I’m sorry too.”

            “What are you-” before I could finish, I was cut off by Mike’s lips against mine. His hand rested lightly on my cheek before he pushed himself away.

            “For that,” he said as he threw his cigarette butt on the ground and walked away.

What am I supposed to do? I’ve never felt this confused ever in my life. I hate this feeling of confusion and submissiveness. As I sat on my bedroom floor, eating ice cream from the carton and scrolling through Twitter, I didn’t know what I was supposed to do with my life.

            He kissed me. Mike Fuentes kissed me while I was in the middle of a stress-reliever. Then he walked away. I’ve never met a guy who seemed so not fazed by me and insults me and then kisses me and leaves.

            I noticed I had a Direct Message on Twitter, so I clicked on the mail and saw that it was from @ptvmike. Now that could only be one person, and as I slowly opened the message, I began to feel worried about what it would say.

            @ptvmike: do you forgive me yet?

            I couldn’t believe this guy had the nerve to ask me something like this. But the even worse part was that I wasn’t even angry with him to begin with.

            @isabellestone: fuck you.

            Of course, I couldn’t tell him that. He can’t win this battle of my heart. I will keep it under lock and key, especially around him. He was bad news and he didn’t deserve me.

            @ptvmike: that was heartwarming. See you tomorrow <3

            I almost threw my laptop across the room when my eyes strained on the heart emoticon he sent me. I quickly closed my laptop and put it aside. Instead, I grabbed the remote to my flat screen TV and began watching Project Runway.