~Chapter 9~

Fuck. The things this man does to me. I never thought in a million years I would agree to go on a date with Mike Fuentes. A freaking band member of all people!

            “Everything will be alright, Isabelle. You worry too fucking much,” Mike said, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of my apartment. After locking my door, he helped me make my way outside because I was too nervous too even walk straight.

            “I’m not worried,” I suddenly said when I remembered to finally respond.

            He chuckled. “Seems like it...”

            I groaned at him as we made our way down the street to a small restaurant on the corner. There probably wouldn’t be too many paparazzi here so we would be totally fine.

            After finally being seated, I could take a deep breath and finally enjoy some time with Mike. That was until a familiar face came up to our table.

            “Wow, fancy meeting you here, Isabelle.” Oh my god. This cannot be happening. Standing right in front of me was my ex-boyfriend, Kyle Pavone. Yes, the Kyle Pavone from We Came As Romans.

            “Nice to see you again, Kyle,” I murmured, taking a sip of my water. It wasn’t nice to see him again. Last time I saw him he was yelling at me for throwing his clothes into the hallway of my apartment building because I caught him cheating on me.

            “And who is this?” He asked, glancing at Mike.

            I snorted. “Like you don’t know who he is.”

            Mike cleared his throat and stood up, offering his hand for Kyle to shake. “Mike Fuentes, nice to meet you,” he said. Are you seriously kidding me?

            “Good luck with this piece of work, Mike,” Kyle murmured as if I couldn’t hear him. He’s obviously still a douche bag... that’s wonderful.

            “Excuse me, Mr. Perfect, but you better fucking watch yourself. You were never funny and you never will be.” I felt my insults getting weaker and weaker under the intense stares of the man that broke my heart and the man that mended it back together.

            “You were always talk, Isabelle. I learned to ignore all of your ‘threats’ because you and I both know you never come through. It was so nice seeing you again, and have fun on your date.”

            “Fuck... why does this always happen to me?” I whined, hiding my face in my hands once Kyle was out of the restaurant.

            “That’s not going to ruin our date,” Mike said, sitting back down and waving over a waitress. “We’ll take two large orders of cheese fries and a Diet Coke with two straws,” he ordered.

            “If I eat that I’ll turn into a whale,” I muttered.

            “Don’t worry hun, I got us a Diet Coke,” he countered with a smirk.

I was finally enjoying my times with Mike, laughing and joking about things in our past when my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and saw that it was my dad. I hovered over the screen until I decided to press Ignore and turn my phone off.

            “How about we go back to my place and watch movies or something?” My butt was starting to hurt and I just wanted to go home and get in my cozy housecoat and cuddle up on the couch.

            “I don’t know, if I’m going to have to go back to my hotel, I don’t want it to be too late getting there since finding a taxi will be pretty much impossible,” Mike answered with a pout.

            “Well, um... you could just stay at my house overnight. I mean, my couch is pretty comfortable.”

            Mike smiled a wide grin. “Well then... sounds great.”

“What are we watching?” I asked as I turned Netflix on. I was finally in my cozy housecoat cuddled up on the couch with Mike, and I couldn’t have felt happier anywhere else.

            “We should watch Harry Potter,” Mike quickly suggested as I almost passed Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Harry Potter was my guilty pleasure, but I wouldn’t dare let anyone know. Or maybe...

            “This one is my favourite,” I said as I put it on. Way to blow your cover, Isabelle.

           “Do you think you would like tattoos if they had something to do with Harry Potter?” Mike asked.

            I nodded and looked up at him, confused.

            He chuckled and showed me his hand, which had the Deathly Hallows sign on it. “This one hurt like a bitch,” he said. And then he showed me his arm and his leg.

            “You are literally the most amazing- I mean, those are really nice.” I tried to stop myself but it was too late.

            He laughed as he kissed the top of my head.

            “Hey Mike... would you think I was insane if I told you that I wanted a tattoo?”