11- the old story

*edited- X reader

You woke up to see a sleeping sans. He is soo cute. You carefully get up to do your business. After you came out, you walked downstairs to see sans was practically jumping in his seat at the table while Paps put the pancake in front of him. Paps makes a lot of pancakes. You sat in your usual chair and strike up a conversation, "today could we see the old king? I think it would be nice."

Sans started to shout "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH"

While Paps said, "sorry darl, I can't today. Work. Sans can but not me."

You smiled, "alright Paps. Come on sans, Lets get ready, I'm unsure of how to get to the ruins." Sans stopped and he seemed to grin more.

He bounced off the chair and came right next to mine then softly held my hand like gentlemen. "(n/n), I will show you but before we arrive we. Have. To. Do........ PUZZLES." With that he let go then ran upstairs.

You looked at papyrus to see him almost dying of laughter. After a minute he calmed down, "he has been wanting to do puzzles with you for ages. This is his first chance. Be prepared." With that Paps stood and left out the door. You could see the soft falling snow. You slowly went upstairs and into your room. You got dressed into warm clothing, you came out and there sans was in his special outfit. Before you could say a word he grabbed your hand and dragged through the town the opposite way of waterfall. You even passed Muffets' place. Soon enough you were doing puzzles even though you didn't need to. It made sans happy. So you were happy.

----Time skip to 'skip the time'----

We arrive to a big door that was open. Sans rushed through and you followed at a slower pace.

You have lost site of sans when you heard, "I will use you. You are my pawn. I'll use you. It's kill or be killed. Best today to say bye bye to that stupid skeleton of yours." you looked down to see a little cat dog thing in a green stripped shirt with a creepy face, you tried to kick it but it disappeared into a ground portal of some sort.

" you looked down to see a little cat dog thing in a green stripped shirt with a creepy face, you tried to kick it but it disappeared into a ground portal of some sort

I just ignored it. You went up the steps and there was sans standing at the top. He saw staring at you, "what kept ya (n/n)?"

"Nothing, I just went slower that's all." Sans was happy with that. We decided to check the lounge room and there was Asgore reading a book on slugs.

He looked up, "ah, young ones. Welcome to my humble home. Please sit as I tell you about slugs." Sans immediately sits down. You followed.

----Another time skip. Aren't you happy----

You had the question burning, Asgore just finished the book. Sans was starting to fall asleep on your shoulder. You had to ask, "Asgore.... what happen to your children all those years ago." He looked soo sad. It seemed he was about to cry. You felt soo bad. You wish you didn't ask it now.

You was about to say never mind about it when he spoke, "don't worry young one. I will tell you my story."

Sans had officially fallen asleep, the king took a big breath then continued, "It was over fifty years ago. A child had fallen from above, our son Asriel found the child and brought the child home. We treated them like they were our own. Their name was Frisk. We were such a happy family. One time Toriel ask them to put cups of butter but they put buttercups instead, it made her sick for weeks. We were so happy until Frisk got really sick. Their wish was to be buried in their home town, that night they passed. Out son Asriel was able to fulfilled their wish by absorbing their soul. But the..... Humans attacked him, he returned home to only turn to dust in our own home. Ever since then the hope that child gave disappeared. My wife grew crazy with anger, hatred and vengeance. She felt the humans stole her son away from her. She decided killing children when they came down was the best idea and swore to take war to the humans for what they did. The beautiful women I fell in love with was gone. No more of her pies, just pain. I couldn't stand it, I left and lived here. But as try as I might any children that came down wanted to know more and eventually they left to fall and the hands of my wife."

He started to cry, you carefully moved sans so you could comfort the old king. We were like that for an hour before sans woke up and notice the king crying. Instantly he joined the hug fest.

Soon enough we calmed him down and headed home. Sans seemed happy again once we left, you even redid the puzzles for him. At least now you know the old story, so sad. You just wish you could help.