ii. Nanight, Pope

// Hope //

The next day, I woke up late. Too late actually. I woke up exactly 3:33PM. Checking my phone, I noticed that I had three voicemails and 7 text messages. All from an unknown number.

Maybe it was Echo.

Or not. Why would he text me anyway?

From: Unregistered Number

I need a babysitter tonight and my friend Annie recommended you. I'm sorry if this is a really late notice but I hope that if you get this text or one of my texts, you'll call me back. I promise I'm no serial killer.

Well, I'm 100% sure that this unknown number is not Echo. Because he didn't mention that he's a teenage dad last night so...

"Goodafternoon. This is Hope Connors and well, you texted me about needing a babysitter later?" I asked to the person on the other line.

"Oh. Yes." a relieved, excited voice confirmed. "Thank God you returned my call. I really really need a babysitter later. I'm so desperate that I was thinking of calling my little boy's teacher to babysit him and his sisters."

I laughed. "Well, Hope here to the rescue."

"Thank you so much. I'm Emma Martin and well, you will have to babysit my little boy and my twins. Is that okay?" she asked worriedly.

"As long as they're cute." I said jokingly and Mrs. Martin laughed.

"Oh. Of course. They're adorable or maybe I'm just being biased. Anyway, I"ll text you the address. Can you come here at 6:30?"

"Sounds good to me." and we hang up.

Checking the clock, I noticed that it was quarter to four. 2 hours to go. I decided to take a long shower because it was really scorching hot. After I was done, I got dressed in an old rose off shoulder blouse and black leggings. I neatly braided my hair to the side and wore my black, ballet flats.

Mrs. Martin already texted me the address and their house is like a 15 minute walk from ours but I needed to go to the store first which was a 15 minute drive from our house.

I put my key in the ignition of my scooter, twisting it to side, making my scooter rumbled and roared to life. I drove by all the familiar mailboxes and houses until I reached the mini mart store. I parked my scooter to one of the parking spaces that was reserved for motorcycles and bikes.

A bell softly whistled as I pushed open the doors. I grabbed a basket and made my way to the candy section. When I got all I need, I rode back to our house to park my motorcycle in our small garage then started walking over to the Martin's house.

15 minutes later, I was at their front foor ringing their doorbell.

To my surprise, Echo was the one who answered their doorbell. What was he doing here? Is he the father of Mrs. Martin's kids? Ohgod. I hope not.

"Heeey." he greeted with a confused smile. "Uhm. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to babysit for Mrs. Martin." I replied slowly. "Uhm. You?"

"Well, I'm Mrs. Martin's son." he said playfully.

"Oh. So you're one of the kids I have to babysit?" I said teasingly, smirking a little.