Death in the family

You were just about to walk down the stairs of your small house when you suddenly heard your mother scream in fear. You race downstairs and saw your father lying on the ground breathing heavily with his throat ripped out. You stumbled upon seeing your father in that state and began to cry, small tears formed until eventually you quickly busted into tears as your mother stood up and walked over to you and hugged you tight.

"Wh-what happened?" You cried as tears continued to flood from your eyes as your mother struggled to wipe them away.
"Ghouls! Those filthy things!" She growled hugging onto you tightly as she kissed you on the head and went into the kitchen to call the police to retrieve the body of your deceased father lying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood.
It was hard for you not to look away but you tried your best. You were only (Age) when you saw your dad's death and since you never lost a family member it was hard.

You heard your mother talking from the kitchen to the police when you heard her sigh and hung the phone up then she entered the lounge room and hugged you again.
"I know that you loved your dad I did too, tell you what I'll remarry and hopefully he will be as good as (Dads name) ok" your mother smiled slightly trying to cheer you up but nothing seemed to be making you smile you were in too much mourning from the loss of your dad.
You sighed and got up looking at your deceased father on ground and sniffed and walked up to your room crying.