11.

Use the HT: #AfterUs11 (@rjandmengconvos)
-
HIM

Alden carried a large bag of cookies inside Reeza's (EB's floor director) office in Broadway as his way of saying thank you for saving his butt from Tuesday to Friday. The rehearsals for the production that the whole dabarkads had prepared for Joey De Leon was a little bit of a mess because Maine and Alden's schedule didn't meet the whole week. If Maine was in a meeting for a book, or an interview or a shoot, Alden would be ready and available to rehearse. If Alden was in a shoot or some other stuff, Maine would be at Broadway, rehearsing. It was a good thing that Reeza, one of their very good friends from the show, knew what the story behind those two is so she didn't mind stepping in for both Alden and Maine. Yes, Alden and Maine didn't rehearse together in the last four days. Saturday came and the dry run was at nine in the morning. Alden arrived at Broadway earlier to bring a batch of freshly baked cookies to Reeza (courtesy of his sister, Riza).

"Sa susunod di na ko papabayad ng cookies, cash na." Reeza joked, hugging her good friend. She checked the time. It was almost 8:30 and she's supposed to help out in the production by now.

"'Den, mga 9:30 pa daw dadating si Maine kaso si bossing 10, kaya ako muna ulit ha? Basta kapa, kapa na lang. Kaya nyo na 'yan."

"Ikaw muna si Maine ulit mamaya? Sub?" He draped an arm around Reeza's shoulder as the two left the office and made their way to the studio.

Reeza lightly elbowed him on the ribs and gave him a teasing smile.

"May makaka-sub ba talaga kay Maine sa buhay mo?"

"Magtrabaho ka nga dun!"

Maine arrived at the same time Bossing din. Alden has already finished his rehearsals so it was Maine's term to polish the dance moves and all. The two insisted that they can just do a dance prod instead of a singing one. At least in dancing, it's all about touching or standing close—no eye contact involved or they can easily avoid eye contact. Unlike in singing, where there are words, emotions and eye conversations involved. Alden went back to the hosts' room where his team was waiting for him so he can get his hair and makeup done before the show. It was going to be a long and busy day for everyone.

Two hours later, the lights dimmed, JDL was sitting on the stage in between the audience. Maine and Alden stood behind the 'door' while Reeza briefed the two about their blockings. This is the first time they're going to perform together after two years; the first time they're going to have to touch each other or breathe closely at each other. They both knew that it wasn't a good idea not to rehearse together but they both wanted this—even though they would never admit it to Reeza, at the back of their heads, their schedules not meeting in the middle was something they did on purpose.

"Ready?" Reeza asked, raising both of her thumbs up in front of the two. "Wag nyo ko ipapahiya, susuntukin ko kayo!"

"Thanks, Reezabells." Maine said quietly, pulling her in a hug.

Alden gave her a high-five when they pulled away.

"Thank you, Reeza."

"Twenty seconds 'til doors open. Alam ko na-rehearse na 'to, pero open door, bilang five, intay smoke tas pak! Guys ah? Naku!"

"Kami ng bahala. Kaya namin 'to." Maine said. Alden felt a slight poke on his chest. Kaya namin 'to. It has been so long since he heard the word namin from Maine. It was as if they were a team and they can do anything as long as they're a team. "Diba?"