The Great Turn

I left the train earlier in the morning, before Jacob or anyone else woke up. My mind never left the idea of that assassin woman, my mind wouldn't leave it. I felt terrified for the first time in a long time, I want to leave London, but I wouldn't.

The people on the streets were dressed in high-class, fancy clothing's, they were rich. The city of London lately has been easier to roam around in. Since Crawford's death, the blighters fled and so did the Templars. Thanks to my gang and Jacob's gang, it made the process of scaring them away much quicker.

I grabbed an apple from the cart, my breakfast. I went on the roofs and bit into my apple. I was overthinking about that woman, she gave me goosebumps.

"And what are you doing here so early in the morning?" A man's voice came from behind me. I turned around quickly, it was only Sam. He sat beside me and grabbed the apple from my hand and took a bite.

"We're gonna separate." Sam put the apple back in my hand, he watched the sunrise, not wanting to look in my eyes.

"Excuse me?" I asked confused, not knowing what my cousin was babbling about. "I've been asked to go and conquer the Ottoman Empire from Templars."

"What! You're going to leave me?!" Sam and I were never separated after my father's death, we were always a strong team. "I'm feeling as miserable as you dear cousin." Sam gave me a weak smile.

"I'll come with you!" I got up and crossed my arms, looking down on him angrily. "You are needed here in London, Anastasia."

"No I am not, Dear Sam!" I said angrily, giving him my back as I knew tears were about to spill.

"Yes you are, listen...its only going to be 3 months. I'll be back before you know it. I'm here to take care of you." I looked back at Sam, he was standing with open arms, I couldn't resist. I hugged Sam ever so tightly.

"You promise you'll be back?"

"I promise."

********************

Back at the train, I was sitting on the couch, reading files about the Asylum patients. My interest was now on that mysterious woman. Evie and Henry were on a task to assassinate a Templar who was in their way. Sam, god knows what he's doing out in London. Before wondering where Jacob was, he jumped in the train.

He smiled his stupid grin and fixed his cloak. "Good morning my beautiful." Jacob snatched the file out of my hand, and pulled me by the arm, forcing my body onto his.

"Good morning." I said with a playful eye role and kissed on the cheek.

"Anastasia, there is something I need to tell you..." His smile quickly fell off his face, and soon it was replaced with worry.

"What is it Jacob?" I placed a strand of hair away from his head and back behind his ear where it belonged. Sweat trickled down his forehead, and his hand soon found its place on my lower back.

"Well its 2 things actually." He let out a nervous laugh before he put his other hand inside his large pocket.

Unfortunately, Jacob was interrupted with one of my gang member. "Excuse me sir Frye...miss Cobain...there is an unfortunate news I have delivered for you.." The woman in purple in front of me looked sick, very pale.