Capture This [GirlxGirl]

A/N: This is only a sample of the full 36 chapter story. To read the entire book, please go to:
http://www.ficfun.com/chapter/117724.html

Introduction:

Cameras are, in my opinion, extraordinary objects. Snap. Part of your life has just been frozen forever; trapped within a screen, trapped within glossy paper. It's a memory, it's a past you long for, it's a person you love, a person you've lost, a part of yourself you wish still remained. Cameras hold a unique ability to prolong memories and people in ways nothing else can.

And whilst cameras behold this admirable ability, there is something they often lack. This being the ability to capture state of mind. You see usually, when someone is taking a picture, the person being photographed will just stop what they are doing and smile. They don't have to be happy, they don't have to be having a good day, but they will automatically smile for the camera.

So usually, when looking at photographs in a yearbook or a scrapbook, all you see is a face with a forced smile. Or a seemingly normal, happy family without any problems. Often, though, this is not the case. In fact, it never is. Photographs are lies.

You will soon understand what it is I'm trying to say. That is, if you read on, and share with me the memories and experiences I have built up in my life, both good and bad. I must warn you though, it's not all glitz and glamour.