2:02

"Mare?" A pair of footsteps shuffled in front of me as my crust filled eyes forced themselves open. Milo's un-masked face hovered inches before of mine as I fluttered my eyes shut again, rolling on my back to face opposite of him. "It's two o'clock, time to wake up, sleeping beauty." He chuckled softly behind me, his warm breath fanned my cheek, a mixture of chocolate and peanuts.

I groaned, feeling around myself blindly for a blanket to draw over my head in protest. "I don't care what time it is, Milo."

"But I have to leave soon." He protested, fingers poking into my side. "Don't you wanna at least say goodbye?" The pout was clear in his voice as I propped myself onto my elbows and rubbed my eyes sleepily, hesitating when I realized my mask was still drawn over my eyes.

Milo's fingers raked my cheeks and then my temple as he pulled the black fabric from my face, his fingers lingering slightly in my hair before tossing the costume piece aside.
His hands returned momentarily when he pressed his lazy smile against my lips.

Milo pulled himself away slowly, just enough for our breaths to mingle. My thoughts mushed incoherently, "Was that your idea of saying goodbye?"

Milo laughed to himself, our noses bumped as his eyes flickered downward, "What do you think?"

+