Nineteen | Another One Bites The Dust

Nineteen
__________________________

The next day was Wednesday, and having missed two days of school, I knew I had a lot of homework to catch up on.

When I arrived at school and was walking to my locker I heard my name being screamed.

I turned and saw Audrey running towards me, elbowing onlookers out of the way. It truly was a sight; her sweater was falling off of one shoulder and buttoned unevenly, her blonde curls were flying everywhere, and sheer determination was on her face as she hurtled towards me.

I didn't get a chance to reply before she literally pummeled me to the ground, causing my book bag to spill everywhere.

I pushed her off me and glared, "Did you really have to fucking tackle me?"

She looked at me like I was the one acting crazy, "Helloo? It's an emergency! The girls and I have been going crazy wondering where you were the past two days!"

I rolled by eyes and began to scoop all my stuff back into my bag.

"Audrey! It's not like I was kidnapped or something, I was just sick!"

"Well sorry for tackling you", she smiled sheepishly as we both stood up.

I patted her on the back, "It's okay, I've accepted that my best friend is a psychopath".

She glared at me and crossed her arms. I chucked; she was trying to look angry but her curly blonde hair and angelic blue eyes prevented it. The bell rang and I pulled her along as we walked to English.

...

My first three classes were a struggle to get through because I had no Idea what the teachers were talking about, so I was relieved when the bell for lunch rang.

I sprang from my seat in social studies, and fast walked all the way to my locker to put my books away.

I was humming and smiling in anticipation of getting to shove food down my throat, when I saw my locker.

Or who was standing in front of it actually.

Well, you remember the tall, slutty brunette that I almost got into a fight with in front of Tyler's car?

Well, it turns out, her name is Anna, and she's the head cheerleader. She's a huge slut and is actually known at school for having quickies with the football players, underneath the bleachers at the games.

Well, currently she and Tyler, were standing in front of my locker with their tongues in each others mouths.

Why, oh why did they have to choose to do that in front of locker 1268, my locker, when there are tons to choose from? It's not like my locker is special; it's the same rusted, dark blue as the hundreds of others in this hallway.

Tyler moved away from her mouth to her neck, sucking on it, causing her to moan. Her fingers latched into his hair and I couldn't take it anymore.

"Um...", I mumbled.

Their eyes met mine and I panicked, "I um..you are..uh..sorry I'm just gonna go now.."

I spun around and ran back down the hall, forgetting that I still had my books with me.

I ran into the bathroom and locked myself into a stall, before I bowed my head into my hands.

I've seen Tyler kiss tons of girls since I first moved here, so I don't understand why this was affecting me so much.

You like him dipshit...

Maybe what I thought was a small attraction, had developed into a huge crush.

Maybe that's why my stomach clenched and I wanted to vomit when I saw her hands all over him.

I realized that I had been softly crying for the last few minutes. I got out of the stall and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I washed my tear streaked face before applying a new layer of mascara. I cleaned myself up so the only way you could tell I'd been crying, was that my eyes were a little bloodshot.

Or ya know, maybe they'd just think I was high.

I had been in the bathroom for a while, so it didn't really surprise me when the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

Now time for PE. This day just keeps getting better and better.

...

I didn't know what I would say to Tyler when I saw him, and I wasn't really ready. so as soon as the bell rang at the end of the day, I started walking home.

I had only made it a few blocks when Tyler's car pulled up beside me. He rolled down the window and called my name.

I continued to stomp down the sidewalk looking forward, effectively ignoring him.

"Come on, why are you walking?"

"Just um..getting some exercise?" My explanation came out more as a question, and I even sounded full of shit to myself.

"Bullshit. Just get in the car".

I kept walking, and thought maybe he had turned around and driven away, when I heard footsteps running after me.

I wasn't sure if it was Tyler or not, but the sound of someone randomly chasing me scared the shit out of me, so I started running. I bolted down the sidewalk as fast as I could with my book bag weighing me down.

I could still hear the footsteps coming increasingly close behind me. I tried to push myself faster, my sneakers pounding on the concrete.

An arm wrapped around my waist, stopping me, and I let out a scream. At least, I had meant for it to be a scream. It actually came out as a choked yelp, because of how oxygen deprived I was from running.

"God what are you? a secret trackstar? Why don't you run like that in PE?!" Tyler exclaimed, his breaths coming out shallow and ragged.

I placed my hand over my heart, which was threatening to explode from my chest. It took me a minute to catch my breath, but when I did, all the anger and hurt from earlier came rushing back, causing a pang in my chest.

"Just leave me alone and go back to your car". I pointed to his car, which was parked by the sidewalk, almost a block behind us.

"No, I need to drive you home".

I laughed bitterly, "Why don't you give Anna a ride home?"

His eyes widened, and I mentally cursed, why did I have to say that?!

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shi-

"Is that why you're mad? Because of me and Anna at your locker today!?"

I gasped, "So you knew that was my locker?!"

"That's besides the point, are you upset because of that?"

I crossed my arms and looked at the ground, "No".

"I think you are".

At his smug voice, I snapped.

"Fine I was fucking jealous alright Tyler? Is that what you wanted me to say? That I wanted to punch that bitch in the face? Because I did. I mean obviously you already know I did because the twat tried to fight me in the parking lot, but seeing her tongue down your throat made me want to kill her and I don't even know why, I don't even know when my total contempt for you turned into affection but it did, and now-

"Just shut up", he mumbled and grabbed me by the waist, crushing his lips to mine.

__________________________

This chapter was really hard to write because I'm on my shitty iPod, so please bear with me.

I lovee all of you.