Chapter 007

007

Peyton and I were walking and talking while sipping on our smoothies we just bought. And by 'we' I mean her.

She was ecstatic to hear that I actually made time for her. We were walking around the center of town.

"So I heard you slept over Jays house last night" She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I stopped dead in my tracks and she did the same but with a huge grin on her face.

How on earth did she find that out?! "Who told you?" I wondered angrily.

She giggled in a nervous way "Ray" She giggled. Ray?! That little-

"But don't tell her I told you! I promised her I wouldn't say anything!" She begged. If she broke Rays promise then what's keeping me from thinking she's kept mine.

Well then again Ray is 6. And she doesn't know my biggest secret.

"Fine" I groaned. I began moving my feet again and so did she.

"So what happened?" She asked like the nosey girl she is.

"Nothing!" I shouted too quickly. Great now she's going to get suspicious.

"Lair! You answered too fast! Spill!" She squealed too loud for my head since it still hurt from all the alcohol.

I was at a loss for words. I didn't know if I should tell her or if I should just leave it.

"We got drunk" I said as if it was normal to get drunk at a kids birthday party.

"At a kid's birthday party?" She asked bewildered. I nodded my head unable to hide the smile that came up with it.

"Well what happened then?!" She shouted when I didn't say anything else. She knew me too well.

"Nothing" I lied. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

"Nothing my a**!" She yelled again causing a scene. A few people walking around looked to see the commotion.

I knew Peyton really wanted to know, otherwise she wouldn't have sworn. With my luck she'd just ask Jay.

Although I'm still unsure if he even remembers or not...

"We had  a few chugging contests" I explained. She rolled her hand knowing I had more to say. I sighed "And wemighthavemadeout" I admitted really fast.

Her mouth gaped open into a huge 'O'. She smirked and eyed me suspiciously.

"That's it I swear!" I say before she can make any accusations. She looked relieved but still shocked.

"Does he remember?" She asks quickly. "Um I don't know he wouldn't tell me" I try to explain but she just kept going on and on with questions.

"Was he good kisser?" Well I was drunk... "Are you guys like practically dating now?" No. "What if you guys got married one day?" OK too far. "Can I be the maid of honor?!" She squealed excitedly.

I slapped a hand over her mouth and she looked up at me innocently with her big brown eyes.

"You done?" I ask tired of her nonstop questions. She mumbled something under my hand but it came out muffled.

Once she realized she couldn't exactly be heard she just nodded her head yes. I slowly take my hand away that was now slimy since she licked it. Weirdo...

I sipped my smoothie awkwardly, waiting for her to break the uncomfortable silence.

"I knew you liked him" She muttered happily. My eyes widened, I do not like Jay!