chapter one: wtf

please enjoy the first chapter of the step brother, and please vote, comment and follow me. thanks for the time that went into reading this a/n

alexs POV... 

i was turning 16 this weekend. i was going bowling at the local bowling alley, as i can go by myself because my sisters moved away shortly after my mum died. my dad called me useless, a mistake and that i was the cause of my mums death.  

after school on friday, i slowly made my way home, making sure to arrive on time, as my dad was due to return from a business at ten tonight, so i had to have the house spotless, looking like new as he was bringing someone home with him.  

i grabbed a garabage bag and trashed all of the garabage papers and swept the floors as well as mopping them. then i vacumed the den and fixed the couch cushions. lastly i dusted off the tables and everything. finally after doing the dishes and the laundry, the house was spotless, and not a moment too soon, as my dad walked through the door looking amazed, but that quickly turned into his usual expressionless mask.  

i couldnt help but notice the lady and the youngish boy behind them.  

"hey alex, come here and meet your new brother and mum, we just got married" my dad says as he comes through the door. i finally get to have a good look at the blonde. he had these beautiful blueish aqua eyes, and a sweet smile.  

then a girl came through the door, looking like her brotherm blueish aqua eyes, blonde hair, and a nice smile, i could tell we were gonna be good friends, as for the boy, i felt very shy around him.  

when i noticed him staring at me i looked down blushing and slipped on my shoes.  

"dad, you know you can never replace my mum right?" i told him quietly as i grabbed my coat and ipod.  

he nodded and i looked the lady in the eyes and said"im sure your a nice person, but your not my mum, you never will be." i ran out the door after multiple attempts from the kids to reassure me that its all good.  

i ran to my favorite hiding spot, the beach, in which i loved to stare at the waves and just think about everything.  

i ran to my abandon part of the beach, nobody ever comes here, the only person that i knew came here would be the lone surfer looking for someone to talk to.  

i sat down in the damp sand and stared out to the horizon. 

the surf rushing to the shore, calmed me as i thought about what had just happened in my life.  

ok so this is all i know. im 15, 16 tommorrow, my mum died, my sisters moved away, my dad used to treat me like crap, and now this lady comes into my life and tries to be my new mother, i am very mad right about now. 

codys POV... 

"im gonna go see if shes ok" i say as i turn to leave the strange house, to go in search of my apparently new sister.  

"NO your not going anywhere" my "new" dad said as i dilberetly disobeyed him and walked slowly out of the door.  

great out of the house, now to find that beautiful girl. 

if i were a girl that worrys about her mum and her life, where would i go? the beach, ahh how id love to sit in the wet sand and dream of a better life, hey i bet thats where she went.  

i walked along the shore of the beach and thought all hope was lost, until i remembered this was the beach that i had surfered at last summer, and my family thought i dissapeared because i had found this secret place and sat there, talking to a little girl, she looked frightened, scared and alone. 

i tried there as i thought that i may not even be searching in the right place. 

i almost gave up all the hope i had left of finding her, until an unreal sight hit me right smack in the face. 

there she was, she was crying her eyes out. i walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her, holding her close to me, as her jacket isnt really that warm.  

"its ok, its all gonna be ok" i kept saying to her as she cried. she was hurting, even worst than i was when my dad left, you see i was put in this situation and i dont even know what happened to her mum, but she kept crying and sobbing until she ran out of tears to cry. 

i looked down at her, to find her looking up at me. i smiled as a warm red color, spread through her cheeks, her nose and her forehead.  

i gently wiped every tear from her face, one by one.  

"why are you even here?" she asked hiccupping because of the lack of tears.  

"because i care about you" 

alexs POV... 

"because i care about you" was the only thing i heard before i freaked out.  

why did someone that barely even knows the situation that im in, care about me?  

i kicked off my shoes and my jacket and tried to drown myself in the salty waves of the cold ocean. 

it woke me up abit to face reality, but that was before i was being dragged out by a now soaking wet blonde kid.  

"ok if im to be your older brother, then no more attempts of sucide ok?" he says as he shakes the water out of his hair and wrings out his jacket.  

"ok" i say softly, scared of his reaction. instead of being harsh and cruel like my father, his hard-as-rock eyes softly melted into a warm liquid pool of aqua blue.  

he walked over to me and pulled me into a hug so suddenly my only reaction was to fight it. he sighed, but tightened his grip. i wasnt gonna give up trying, as i couldnt have him caring for me. ive always been my own person, the lasts words that my mum had said to me before that happened were"never take life too seriously"  

since then ive cared for myself and never let anyone else in.  

i dont want to.