why don't you blow me a kiss

when frank saw gerard step into the shop the next day, he frantically hid behind a stack of paper cups, ignoring the incredulous stares from the other customers.

"frank!" brian hissed, leaning down a little to get level with where frank was crouching. "what do you think you're doing?"

"i-" frank started, but was cut off by a familiar voice.

"frank?" gerard said, leaning over the counter. "are you.. are you okay?"

frank abruptly stood up, smoothing down his apron. "i'm great!" he gestured widely with his arms, but comically failed, knocking over a stack of cups and nearly kitting brian in the face, who was staring at frank with annoyance. "see? i'm-" he took small step back, tripping over his own feet. "fabulous!"

gerard stared at him. "okay, if you.. if you say so?" he looked at brian, who shrugged a bit.

frank smiled maniacally and set to making gerard's drink. as soon as his finished, he handed it to gerard, who took it with an amused smile. "thanks, frankie."

frank choked. "frankie?"

gerard only nodded, a smug little smirk on his lips, and turned away, awkward artist demeanor gone and replaced with a confident persona.

and frank, to be honest, still found him annoyingly attractive.

frank groaned and worked the rest of the morning on autopilot, watching as his hands did all the work. out of the corner of his eye, he could always see gerard sipping his coffee and sketching, looking over at frank every once in a while. it was so goddamn frustrating, knowing something about gerard and not really being able to say anything about it.

as soon as the clock struck noon, frank was out of there. he threw his apron up onto the hook in the storage closet, and pulled his denim jacket on, patting the pocket to make sure his pack of cigarettes was still there. he booked it to the door and as he pushed the door open, he felt gerard's gaze on him.

he stopped a little ways down the block, leaning against the wall and lighting a cigarette. he inhaled, holding the smoke in his lungs, enjoying the burn and the taste of tar before letting it out, watching the smoke furl into the air.

"mind if i bum one?" a soft voice was heard next to him. he looked over and saw gerard's little awkward smile was back, hands fidgeting around the spine of his sketchbook. he nodded and pulled another cigarette out of the pack, wordlessly handing it to gerard.

the smoked in silence for a while, watching as the smoke from gerard's cigarette intertwined with frank's.

"wanna see what i'm sketching?" gerard said, holding up his sketchbook. and, frank had never really been interested in art, but this was gerard, and any chance to talk to him was a good one that frank would take. and so he nodded, and gerard opened it, revealing little drawings of dragons and vampires that were, holy shit, they were actually really good. he had a whole page dedicated to little ghosts, all sorts and portrayals that frank actually really liked, and wow, frank was falling for gerard. hard.

gerard started flipping through the pages, but one caught frank's eye. "is that.." he reached out to turn the page back, but gerard pointedly kept flipping through them, frank giggled a little. "gee, is that?" he quickly grabbed the sketchbook out of gerard's hands, ignoring his protests. he turned the oages back until he saw the page, filled front and back, with sketched of frank's hands and frank's tattoos and just frank in general.

"i like you," frank said suddenly, not moving his gaze from where it stayed fixed on the graphite marked paper. gerard's neck snapped around to stare at frank, eyes wide, still blushing from the past encounter.

"yeah?" he said a little breathlessly. frank nodded a little. he handed the book back to gerard and took a drag of his cigarette, exhaling and watching the smoke again.

he went to take another drag, but the cigarette was pulled out of his hands. he looked at gerard, a little annoyed, as gerard let it fall to the ground, next to where gerard's was still burning. he wordlessly stomped on them and turned back to frank.

"so, you like me, huh?" gerard asked, shuffling his feet.

frank smirked a little. "yeah."

"do you like me enough to let me do this?" he took frank's hand slowly, letting their fingers intertwine. frank nodded, his hand and cheeks warm.

"what about.." gerard moved closer to frank, almost so they were chest to chest, and hugged him close, pulling his hand free and resting it on frank's back. "this?"

frank nodded a little, still flustered from the situation.

"okay.." there was a little waver in gerard's voice. "what about this?"

and with that, gerard tilted his head and met frank's mouth with his, pressing his lips onto frank's. frank gasped a little, but after a while, kissed back, letting his hands wrap around to gerard's back and neck. gerard's hand held frank's neck close, and the kiss became deeper, frank pushing gerard against the brick wall they were just smoking against.

gerard was the first to break away. "i really like you, too."

frank giggled and kissed him again, cutting him off and enjoying the taste of coffee and cigarettes that was gerard's mouth.

--

aa frerard is finally acc existing in this book

im also p sure that frankie is gonna like this chapter oops

im sick and i have nothing to do so i might update a lot today

-urie