Scene 2

Before you begin to read this, please read the authors note at the end of Act 1.
And the name to the female lead's brother has been changed to Nevin from Nate.

Happy Reading

Going to school was a headache and I knew this from the tender age 10. I had to wake up, take a shower and eat breakfast and all of them had to done before 8 in the morning. I mean, is that even normal?

I just wanted to drop out of school, like my elder brother Val had been telling my parents since he became a junior at high school. He cribbed about the work he got and how he felt that the teachers existed just to make him suffer and something about 'ordeals' of everyday life. His words made me realize how that was going to be me soon and reminded me how hard work and I don't  really work together.

I remember talking to my sister Verity some days before  I began with my first day at Hill Ridge Junior High. She was telling me how I am now a big boy and needed to behave myself as I was now 'representing our family' by being in Junior high. It was easy for her to say. She was and still is the overachiever in the family, all straight As', debate team head and a treasurer for the student council. Val often complaint that his twin's achievements always over shadowed
his but he knew that he always got away with doing many things as Verity always covered for him.

Coming back to school, when Verity had asked me whether I wanted to go Hill Ridge Junior High or the Rahlton Boys Academy, I didn't really have a choice. I mean school was school, how did it matter whether were boys in my class or girls? It will remain boring or will drive me insane. But when dad came to know that I was being given a choice, I remember him putting his hand on his heart and saying something like - 'No child of mine will attend that obnoxious prep academy. He will go at a co-educational school like his father and forefathers' , in mock terror. I remember staring at him in shock at what he had said but then mom and Verity started to laugh so hard that I too joined them after Verity had reassured he that he was only kidding. We even went for an ice cream after dinner.

But it was also the day which changed my life forever. I regret going for an ice cream so much that today, even the sight of it makes me delirious and weak in the knees.