Chapter Thirty- Four

Chey's P.O.V.

Prom: The day I've been dreaming of since my first day of freshman year.

I had my dress, my date, my friends, and now all I needed was to go. I didn't go last year because I didn't have a date and none of my friends wanted to go. This year would be great though because I have Max.

"Are you ready for tonight?" I heard Jessie ask me as I entered her bedroom where she was nursing the twins o her bed.

"I've waited for this day for so long, Jess. Of course I'm ready," I replied, sitting at the foot of her bed, careful not to move too much.

"You're like...glowing," she laughed.

"I'm just really excited!" I felt like I was floating on a cloud. I knew I was kind of the only one who felt this way. Whenever we talked about prom, Mila and Jessie never shared my excitement. That didn't stop me from squealing with excitement every five seconds.

"So when is Mila coming over?"

"She should be here any minute now...what are you and Alex gonna do all night?" I asked, a little concerned that they'd be completely bored all night.

"I don't know, sleep maybe?" She said as she let out a big yawn.

"Fun," I said sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm exhausted."

"I know. I'm still just a little upset that you guys don't get spend the night with us." I picked up the baby sock next to me, smiling to myself at how small it was.

"Hey, it's not like I was dying to go to that dance anyways," She said, fixing the baby blanket that covered her chest.

"What about Alex?"

"For once, the football star doesn't actually want to go to prom."

"Never heard that one before."

"There's a first time for everything," she replied.

"Hey guys," Mila chirped as she walked into the bedroom.

"Hey Mila," both of us greeted her.

She walked over to the closet, hanging up her prom dress and sitting next to me at the foot of the bed.

"Feeding time?" Mila chirped.

"Yeah, which is why it is totally awkward talking to you guys."

"Want us to leave?" I laughed at the twist of Jess's face as she fixed the baby blanket again.

"Nope, they're done," she assured us, letting Mila and I hold the babies while she fixed her shirt.

"Jess. they're so cute, I just want to take them home." Every time Mila saw the babies, it was like she wanted to take them home and keep them forever. I would want to do the same if I didn't already live with them.

"Tell me that after they keep you up all night," Alex interrupted us, walking into the bedroom with a smirk on his face.

"He's not wrong," I whispered to Mila.

"What's up ladies," He greeted us, walking over to Jessie and kissing her cheek.

"Chey, Mila, your boyfriends are raiding the fridge, so give me my children." We laughed as Alex outstretched his arms and we gave him the babies. Mila and I hurried down the stairs, hoping to catch ax and Luke off guard. I expected to find one of them with a chicken drumstick in their mouth, or drinking out of the milk carton.

"What are you eating?" Mila asked with a disgusted face as she watched Luke eat something.

"I don't know, but I like it," He answered, taking in another spoonful of whatever was in his bowl.